Certain numbers calling us will not ring on wireless home phone; call goes to voice mail

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Certain numbers calling us will not ring on wireless home phone; call goes to voice mail

I have already tried the troubleshooting route, way back in March and was told "I must have numbers blocked by mistake" because they couldn't find any other reason. I did not then, nor do I now, have any numbers blocked. The fact that this issue has been going on for well over 6 months is frustrating.
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Certain numbers calling us will not ring on wireless home phone; call goes to voice mail

I spoke with Rogers again today for support.  They will try to have a tech look into this problem again.  The phone was on suspension last winter and when I had them reconnect after vacationing in March ( which by the way they will not let me do again this year saying it is against policy don't know why it wasn't last year however, that is when the trouble started.  Maybe, that will help the tech get to the problem...  Will give it another try.  Frustrating on both cases!

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi rmisko,

I have that same issue noticed Sept 4 2016.  I see that you posted Jan 2016.  Did you get the problem fixed?

Thanks

Brad

I Plan to Stick Around

Sept 30 2016 Partial Success.  Have the other party dial *67 before they call you.  You won't be able to see who is calling but at least the phone will ring.  Rogers called to troubleshoot the issue at 8pm Cental Time.  Tried Line 1 and line 2 with both a Panasonic cordless phone and corded GE phone.  *67 before the call was the only way to get phone to ring.  Why won't it work without *67?   I am still looking for a full fix so that caller ID is operational.

I asked that the case number remain open.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Since *67 "cures" the issue, it sounds like some sort of call blocking for certain numbers is in place. Either in your own phone, or on Rogers' end.

It's a bit weird though because it goes to voicemail, but call blocking would usually hang up??  Perhaps rather than it being call blocking, it a form of call screening, that sends the caller to voicemail.

Have you tried clearing your call screen? 

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/home-phone/calling-feature/112?setLanguage=en

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the suggestion.  I dialed *60 and then get "your call can not be completed as dialed" message.  I then tried *60, *, 0, 8, 0, *.  It did not help.  I then tried *60, the problematic phone number with area code, *.  It did not help.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Perhaps you need to subscribe to Online Manager to utilize that functionality.  You may need to call Rogers and have them check for any call blocking/screening.

Most home phones/call blockers simply hang up, so it's unlikely that they would be sending incoming calls to voicemail (unless it's your own answering machine?).  If it's Rogers voicemail that the calls are going to, then it must be something in Rogers' system that is sending those calls there.

Incoming calls will go directly to voicemail if you're on another call and then the incoming caller will hear no rings at his end.

I Plan to Stick Around

I am relying on Rogers Technical Support to determine best course of action from a system point of view to implement a full fix. I spent over an hour on the phone with Rogers support last night - and I was glad they are taking a serious look at resolving the issue.  I am glad to at least have the *67 temporary solution.    Rogers can not find any issues on their system and suspect something is blocking calls from my end.  In the meantime I will try another phone from my end , and i will have the other party try another phone.  Will keep this forum posted.

I've Been Here Awhile

I live in rural Manitoba and I have this issue except no calls get through at all. It has been going on for a very long time it started out with some calls not getting through and resetting seem to work. Benson Lee my phone stopped ringing and just missed calls showing up on my phone. Then no calls came through, no missed calls shown on the phone and only a flashing light indicated a message several hours and sometimes days later.
I have contacted Rogers on several occasions regarding this issue and though they have suggested possible causes and asked that I call them if it continues there has been no resolution. At one point we had them refund months worth of service because we had a phone that was not working.

The last time I contacted Rogers he asked that I call them with specific times that someone had called us and the phone didn't ring. At that point I gave up because let's be honest, who has time to record when someone calls you which requires you asking what time did you call me?
Honestly I have considered asking for a full refund and canceling my service altogether but I would really like to keep my number. So I have been looking for alternatives but it is difficult in a rural area.

I think one of my biggest frustrations is that my service both cell and home phone worked just fine when I signed up and without problem for more than a year. Then suddenly both services are spotty at best.

I am sorely disappointed with Rogers and I am so irritated that the competition is non-existent in my area. A basic home phone package for us would be no less than $40 a month with our local company. Rogers has the price right but the service is ridiculously poor.

I don't even know where to go from here. At this point I think I am going to drop Rogers and just pay the extra money for Reliable service.
I Plan to Stick Around

Success!  Today Rogers called to do a test and the phone number now rings - even with call display.

Thanks to Rogers for addressing this issue

Brad