Certain numbers calling us will not ring on wireless home phone; call goes to voice mail

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Certain numbers calling us will not ring on wireless home phone; call goes to voice mail

I have the same issue. Reported to Rogers Sept 4 2016. 3 weeks later still not fixed. Did you get the issue resolved?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Certain numbers calling us will not ring on wireless home phone; call goes to voice mail

I wonder if there is some sort of incompatibility between certain Home Phone Providers.  Although I don't have the issue reported in this thread, I sometimes have the opposite. If I don't answer (or if I'm not home), the phone will ring and call display will show the caller ID, however, the call will not go to voicemail. The caller will not hear my outgoing message and will not be able to leave a voicemail.

This seems to happen with callers from Telus (Alberta) and Cogeco (Peterborough).  Since I can see that the person called, I'll call them back, but it's a bit frustrating that they cannot leave a voicemail.  I have not bothered reporting this to Rogers since it doesn't happen often and since I can always call back when I look at my call display. 

The reason I mention it is because I thought the issue might be a similar sort of incompatibility between providers.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the response.  There is only one number that I know of that does not ring when they call - they are with MTS (landline in Manitoba).  I verified with another person on on MTS landline and their calls do ring.  I conclude it is not a compatibility issue.

I Plan to Stick Around

I called Rogers today (Sept 25 2016) after 3 weeks of initial notification (Sept 4 2016).  They advised me that they are working on it and to try a temporary fix which was unplugging box, taking out battery.  They suspected it is a name display problem so they deactivated the name display feature which requires poering off the box (and removing battery).  I tried it twice and it did that fix the problem.  I called Rogers back to notify them that the temporary fix did not fix the problem.  I received a new ticket number and should receive notification within 72 hours.  The number that does not ring (problematic number) is an MTS landline number.  I had another person call me who also has a MTS landline, only 3 houses away from the problematic number.  The other person's calls do RING!  Same provider. Same Street.  I note that when I ask the problematic number to call me right back I wait about 30 seconds and then pick up the phone.  The line is dead.  No ring tone.  I wait and eventually get a ringtone.  Presumably the line is dead as the problematic number is leaving a voicemail.

I'm Here A Lot

This is getting really frustrating.  I have did the battery fix also and have been told a technician will get back yo me but that never happens.  Today another person tried to call I know I was right there and I had no ring or sign that she was even calling me until 2 hours later a voice message appeared.  I will try to get in touch with support again, maybe we need to upgrade our hub boxes or just move on to another company. I was going to try out their internet but now I am a little leery to try it.  

I've Been Here Awhile

I have had the issue since March. No fix offered.
I'm Here A Lot

Has anyone got this resolved?  If so how did they fix this problem?  I am afraid I'll have to change providers 

I Plan to Stick Around

I filed a complaint with CCTS (Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services) for failing to comply with the Terms of Service.  http://www.ccts-cprst.ca/complaints/complaint-form

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you for the information or idea regarding the CCTS.  I will also contact them.   

Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

@janice5670 @bradeverton146 @MarieB60

I can definitely understand the concern of trying to this resolved. We would certainly like to help. When you are next online, please send a PM to @CommunityHelps and we can begin out troubleshooting then.

Thank you again for your patience.

RogersRoland