Certain numbers calling us will not ring on wireless home phone; call goes to voice mail

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Certain numbers calling us will not ring on wireless home phone; call goes to voice mail

There are certain people who have said they have tried to call us, but we get no call coming through on our wireless home phone.  The callers get our voice mail to leave a message.  They have asked us why we are not answering the phone (they know we are home).  We have told them no call is coming through on our phone.  It is not all callers, just certain numbers do not seem to be able to get through.  Other people do not have any problems.  We have never set up a blocked caller list, so I don't think this is the problem.

Anyone else have this problem, and if so, what is the solution?

Thanks.

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Certain numbers calling us will not ring on wireless home phone; call goes to voice mail

Is this a VOIP phone by any chance?

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Certain numbers calling us will not ring on wireless home phone; call goes to voice mail

We have the Rogers Wirless Home phone.  The Wireless model is a ZTE WF720

Highlighted
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Hey @Datalink.. They are referring to this product: Wireless Home Phone

And Hello @rmisko

Sounds like a block list is definitely active of some sort.

Are these local numbers coming in? or specifically from a different region or country that are being blocked?

(What I remember, there were a location blocked nationally due to scam coming in.)

My recommendation would be to call tech support to see if for some reason any sort of block is on your account.

If it was random numbers and only randomly block or not let it ring through, then it would be a different situation but in your case, as stated, it is specfic numbers. That is usually a block set (may be in error?).

I would definitely have your account looked at because if its constant it usually a feature that is active.

Any further question, ask away.

Cheers

I've Been Around

Hi - curious if anyone has this trouble. I have the home phone service. We receive phone calls no problem (mostly) and able to make calls. There is one number who when the person calls, the phone doesn't ring but will eventually go to voice mail for them. We've checked the phone sets to see if it's a block/silent for them, but don't have that feature on there. We get calls from other people, but just not this one number. And I don't believe that we've blocked them or they wouldn't be able to leave a message. I've tried to find answer online, but can't seem to get to the online manager. Maybe I don't have that service - but if I don't, then not sure how the number would've got blocked. This may sound confusing - sorry - but we're confused too as to why this one phone number can't call in. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm having the same problem.  First it was one particular number now a few, some local numbers.  My phone does not ring and the caller gets my voicemail.  My call display doesn't even show a missed call but I have a message.  It's not the phone because I have tried others.  Both cordless and corded phones..  Issue with the actual wireless home phone box from Rogers?

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @MarieB60 and @ohnmyohngoldcar,

Thank you for your patience and welcome to the forums. Smiley Happy

I understand the frustration of your incoming calls going straight to voicemail, we can definitely try to assist you. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps the next time you're online so we can look into your issue.

Thanks,
RogersArthur

I'm Here A Lot

Yi am having the same problem. I called Rogers support three times. The last time a technician was supposed to call me back that was Aug 5th 2016 now the 18th haven't heard from them yet. There are 3 phone numbers that I know cannot connect to my phone?
I Plan to Stick Around

I have the same issue and called Rogers Support for assistance.  I hope to have resolution within 72 hours.

I Plan to Stick Around

3 weeks later still not fixed. Sept 25 2016