Can't Modify any settings on Home Phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Can't Modify any settings on Home Phone

I'm new to Rogers Home Phone. I'd like to turn off voice mail. When I enter * 93 it is dead silent then I get a fast busy signal and voice mail is still active.

So, I thought I would try and change the number of rings before it picked up, same result. I enter *94 and dead silence and a fast busy. I never get the two beeps to indicate the command has been accepted.

Any ideas?

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Re: Can't Modify any settings on Home Phone

Hey @Kbr42

*93 is call forwarding. So its waiting for a number for you to enter to forward the calls. That's why its failing.

Because Voicemail essentially is your original foward number (It forwards your calls to Voicemail). So without an alternative number you are getting fast busy signal as an error.

I don't know about *94 - I believe you have to enter a number during the dead silence for the number of rings you want. Try that. Fast Busy means it either timed-out (no number entry during silence) or an error occured.

Hope this helps. 🙂

Edit: More Info I found. *93 is deactivating call forwarding. So that's little weird.

Anywhere, Here is the full list of STAR CODES:

Feature

Enable

Disable

Change PIN

How to Steps

Long Distance Alert

n/a

n/a

Long Distance Lock

*55 then *95#

Activate/Deactivate Long Distance Lock

Call Trace

n/a

n/a

Use the Call Trace Feature

Call Screen

n/a

Activate/Deactivate the Call Screen Feature

Manage Your Call Screen List

Friends and Family Unique Ring

n/a

n/a

Forward Friend and Family Calls

n/a

n/a

Allow Friend and Family Calls

n/a

n/a

Call Return Busy

n/a

Use Call Return Busy

Per Call Display Blocking

n/a

n/a

Use Call Display Blocking

Call Return Last

n/a

Use Call Return Last

Temporarily Deactivate Call Waiting

n/a

n/a

Turn Off Call Waiting

Three Way Calling

n/a

n/a

Use the Three Way Calling Feature

Call Forward All Calls

n/a

Call Forward All Calls

Speed Call

n/a

n/a

Use Speed Call

Anonymous Call Rejection

n/a

Use Anonymous Caller Rejection

De-activate Call Display Blocking Once

n/a

n/a

Override Call Display Blocking

Call Forward Busy

n/a

Forward Busy Calls

Call Forward No Answer

n/a

Forward Unanswered Calls

Change number of rings

n/a

n/a

Change the Number of Rings Before Calls Go to Voicemail

Access Voicemail Box

n/a

n/a

Check Voicemail

Do Not Disturb

n/a

n/a

Pulled it from Search on Rogers.com 🙂

Full Link: http://www.rogers.com/web/support/home-phone/calling-feature/122

Hope this helps you more! 😄

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

So to answer that.. there is no * feature to turn it off then...

UNLESS there is one, after you go into *98 for the voicemail itself. (never looked while in there).

is this temporary you want it on/off???

or perminant.?

I'm Here A Lot

Hi Thanks for the responses, I want to turn off voice mail permanently. I found the information here http://new.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=support_homephone Here's what it says: Print Email Bookmark Share Share Turn Voicemail On or Off These steps explain how to enable and disable your voicemail. Turn Voicemail Off so Unanswered Calls Continue to Ring: Pick up your phone and dial *93. Listen for two beeps confirming that voicemail has been turned off. Hang up. Turn Voicemail On so Unanswered Calls Will be Directed to Voicemail: Pick up your phone and dial *92. Listen for two beeps confirming that voicemail has been turned on. Hang up. It's very odd you didn't find that with the list you provided. So I guess there is no way to turn it off. Thanks

Good afternoon @Kbr42,

Thank you for your posts and Welcome to the forums!

We are currently looking into the issue you are experiencing, with the star code, to deactivate your voicemail.

We would like to look into this further. We would actually have the ability to replace the voicemail feature for another one, if you wish. That would solve your issue once and for all, in the instance where it is not a service you wish to benefit from. 

Let us know if you would like further assistance in regards to this!

The @CommunityHelps team would have the ability to reach out to you via Private Message.

RogersMaude

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That was what i was thinking @RogersMaude, why i asked if they wanted it 100% off.

Best way, would be to CALL IN and have them disable it on the back end, (and possibly then add another feature instead)... as likely they are bundled, and the cost includes the cost for the feature.

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Yeah. I would move the voicemail feature out of the package and swap it for a feature that is more useful...

:)~
I'm Here A Lot

Yes, I'm not interested in having voicemail. I have a phone that takes care of that already. I don't need 2 things taking care of voicemail. I had orginally thought to just change the number of phone rings to 9 so it wouldn't pick up the voicemail from Rogers.

However, that doesn't work either. I believe it's *94 then the number of rings you want.

When I do that, enter *94 9 Rogers waits a few seconds and says, it's sorry it can't complete the number as dialed. I think the '*' options aren't working on my home phoneSmiley Surprised

Is there anything else I can test to see if that's true?

Thanks

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @Kbr42,

Since you don't need the VM feature, I have asked someone from CommunityHelps to message you. They can disable it for you. Check your inbox 🙂

Thanks, 

RogersHassam

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

One thing to consider as well though, comparing the VM in the phone you have, vs the rogers one.

On your current phone, if you are ON the phone... and someone calls in, if you have call waiting they will try to beep through to you... but if you dont answer... they just get stuck there.
They can not leave any message, etc.. since you have the line tied up.
A traditional answering system, only can really answer while you are not home.

With an service end based one like the rogers one.. the advantage is that people are able to leave you a message, WHILE you are on the phone.

(i have had, and still have phones with the built in voicemail.. but never use them anymore.  As well i use the home and away voicemail features with the rogers ones.. where i can set it to email me and my wife a copy of the voicemail when one comes in, etc)

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 in conversation