cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Blocking The service of call blocking offered by Rogers is Useless, and tech support can't help

brb1
I've been around

I have tried in vain to use Call blocking, I use Microsoft Edge, it does not work on Edge, Tech support says "USE Google chrome it works" I use Google chrome ....it does not work.   is there not an improved system that I can use to block calls......Hello anyone home at Rogers.....FIX THIS 

***Added Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Call Blocking The service of call blocking offered by Rogers is Useless, and tech support can't

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here are my comments regarding call blocking.

1. Most telemarketers now use auto-dialers so putting a number into call blocking is mostly useless these days.  I've probably only encountered it once in the last couple of years that my call block was effective for someone who called more than once.

2. Some cordless phones, like Panasonic have call blocking available and you can do it there, but as I stated above, it's pretty useless now. There are also call blocking devices, but again, mostly useless these days.

3. The Online Manager is useless.  I tried using it years ago and didn't work for me either.  See sample post below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Home-Phone/blocking-calls/m-p/409718/highlight/true#M2184

4. Some service providers have algorithms to send suspect calls to voicemail or other methods (like press a number to complete the call), but Rogers has not implemented them.

Re: Call Blocking The service of call blocking offered by Rogers is Useless, and tech support can't

Argee7
I've been around

I use Telus wireless and have been a customer of theirs since the Clearnet days almost 30 years ago. They added a new feature to my phone, probably about a year ago at NO CHARGE called Call Control. It requires caller interaction to dial a number given by the system to complete the call. i.e. after you call my number the system will ask you to put in a random number (1-9) to complete the call. Autodiallers cannot function with this feature and do not get through. I don’t believe I have received even one random spam call on my cell phone. I mentioned this to Rogers and they poo-pooed it away simply saying it’s not something that they can do.

I think it’s more likely they do not want to pay for that feature to offer their customers.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation