Block entire area code with online manager please!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Block entire area code with online manager please!

Just like another person stated literally 3 years ago in this topic, http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/HomePhone/message-id/469#M469

I think it's time Rogers Online Manager should have an "area code" block.  If a number calls from lets say 437, all numbers starting from 437 would be blocked.

As well, I think it's very unfair for users to only have 30 people to add/block on the list on the Online Manager...

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Block entire area code with online manager please!

There's a whole lot wrong with the Online Manager. I've discussed several other points in the post below:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/HomePhone/message-id/1846#M1846

1. No customizeable announcement for "blocked" calls.

2. White list only allows for 30 numbers - far too few for most people.

3. No call display of incoming calls that are blocked when using "white list".

4. No possibility of voicemail for blocked calls - for example, you could have an announcement that would provide an option to "press 1" to leave a voicemail.  Most robocalls would not be able to handle that and it could be an option.

5. Only 30 numbers in call block.

6.  As you say - no area code block.  I assume the wild card (*) character doesn't work?

7.  Many people have reported difficulty setting things up, as I did when I tried my test.  As it is, I use the call blocker on my Panasonic phone.

There are other devices you can buy to block calls that allow for more numbers, wild cards, etc.  You'd think it would be easy for Rogers to implement similar features into their software, but no, it's basically useless.

If they added call-display for non-white-list numbers, I could probably make it work, but they haven't.

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Block entire area code with online manager please!

Exactly, lets just hope they actually fix these issue... Its literally been three years and nothing has changed, kind of disappointing.