Bell FTTH Home Phone vs. Rogers Home Phone -- as smart as Nortel DMS-100??

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Bell FTTH Home Phone vs. Rogers Home Phone -- as smart as Nortel DMS-100??

Hi, I need some technical answers here, because Bell can't give me any, and I'm ready to drop them completely.  I moved to a new subdivision three years ago where Bell did not lay copper, only fiber to the home.  As Rogers only offered coax then, I went with Bell.  Now there are issues as I'm working from home and need more functionality.

First, Bell copper using Nortel technology was very smart, and would behave a certain way if the distinctive ringing number was programmed correctly.  Can Rogers Home Phone with Distinctive Ring (say, for a fax) be programmed to operate as DMS-100 (Nortel) did, like this:

Scenario 1:
Incoming call on Distinctive Ringing Number.  Double ring.  Fax answers only on double ring.  Call in Progress.
2nd call comes in on Distinctive Ringing Number -- should receive a busy signal, not a call waiting beep

2nd call comes in on Main Number -- should forward to voice mail immediately -- no call waiting beep or busy.

Scenario 2:

Outgoing call or incoming call answered on Main Number.  Call in Progress

2nd call comes in on Distinctive Ringing Number -- should receive a busy signal

2nd call comes in on Main Number -- call waiting beep comes through -- if not answered, goes to voice mail

Does Rogers work like this?  And, is FAX supported?  At what speed?

***Added Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Re: Bell FTTH Home Phone vs. Rogers Home Phone -- as smart as Nortel DMS-100??

Welcome to the Community @DominicB

Rogers does offer a Distinctive Ring(Virtual Line) service which allows a single telephone line to accept incoming calls for more than one phone number. The line will ring differently when a call comes in for each of the numbers linked to the original line.

There would be a calling waiting tone for each number. Voicemail would need to be configured by Rogers Home Phone Tech Support. I am unsure of the technicalities behind the service so I will invite any of our Experts to chime in on this subject.

You can also reach Rogers Home Phone Technical Support at 1 855 381-7836 . They are available 24/7!

RogersAsif