- last edited on
How do I activate and deactivate Anonymous Caller Rejection?
Solved! Go to Solution.
To activate Anonymous Caller Rejection:
1. Pick up your telephone, dial *87 and listen for a busy signal.
2. Hang up. To de-activate Anonymous Caller Rejection:
3. Pick up your telephone and dial * 8 7. Once you hear a busy signal, Anonymous Caller Rejection has been de-activated.
This is incorrect.
Activating Anonymous Caller Rejection is *77, not *87.
To activate Anonymous Caller Rejection
1. Pick up your phone and dial *77 and listen for the dial tone.
Callers who have blocked their number from appearing on call
display units will hear a recorded message stating that you do
not accept blocked calls. Your telephone will not ring for these
To deactivate Anonymous Caller Rejection
1. Press *87 and listen for a dial tone indicating that the service
has been deactivated.
This is from the Rogers user manual. Note: I just deactivated mine and there's a recording stating it has been deactivated, not a dial tone.
Why has Rogers discontinued this service? I called Bell and they still offer this service for $2/month.
I am thinking of going back to Bell over this issue.