2016 Wireless Home Phone versus Wireless Cell Phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

2016 Wireless Home Phone versus Wireless Cell Phone

I am just curious about the 2 options: Wireless Home Phone (WHP) and Wireless Cell Phone (WCP). The Wireless Home Phone plan is only $30/month for Unlimited Canada-wide Calling. The WHP uses Rogers wireless network, so does the WCP, so I assume they both use the same kind of wireless technology (I might be wrong).

Rogers does not have the following plan, but if it does, Unlimited Canada-wide Calling for WCP would likely cost 10 times more, which is $300/month. Why is that ?

Unlike a WCP device, I know it would be cumbersome to carry around the WHP equipment (handset, Rogers portable WHP device & charger), but still, why would the WCP plan (unlimited calling) be much much more expensive than the WHP plan (unlimited calling) ?

Thanks for clarifying.

*** Edited Labels ***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Highlighted
Retired Moderator RogersShakir
Retired Moderator

Re: 2016 Wireless Home Phone versus Wireless Cell Phone

Hello @PCao!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community Forums,

Wireless Home Phone and Wireless Cell Phone are both wireless cellular technology.

To give you a little bit of information about the services. Both plans have in-market Canadian long distance available. Their pricing are not related because they are two different products.

In fact, if you have a Share Everything / Share Everything Plus plan for Wireless Cellphone, you can add Wireless Home Phone for $13 dollars instead of stand alone $30.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

RogersShakir