I could not find answers anywhere so I am posting here. I have Cable Home Phone with $5 add-on for 500 minutes of North America long distance.
1) Without having to call customer service, is there an easy way for me to track/see online the number of long distance minutes used daily & the total of LD minutes used so far for the current month ? or do I have to manually track them using an excel spreadsheet (this would be quite cumbersome) ?
2) is there also a way for Rogers phone system to email or text me when I am let's say at 75% of the limit (I may ask too much, right?) ?
3) What is the rate per minute to north america when I exceed 500 minutes ?
Thanks for replying.
*** Edited Labels ***
Solved! Solved! Go to Solution.
Definitely can answer few things for you.
1. Rogers.com (myRogers) does not have option to track usage for current monthy but you can always see your usage on your invoice.
2. No alerts are implemented at the system level.
3. Users that have a predetermined amount of free North American Long Distance minutes will use the free minutes first and then will be charged 20¢ per min for any additional minutes thereafter.
Hope this your inquiries.
Where do I find my long distance minutes useage in MyRogers?
When you "see your usage on your invoice", it is usually too late because the overcharge would have already happened. For example, I have to manually keep track of the LD minutes of all people in my household via an excel spreadsheet, including all the "1 minute" lengths that are automatically charged if the other end of the line goes to voicemail. In July 2016, despite all the precautions that I took, I was over the allowance by 109 minutes and was charged $21.80 extra (+ tax). I called Rogers CSR and complained to him that the lack of Rogers alert system made me exceed the allowance. The CSR was kind enough to credit me a one time $10 (+ tax). Thank you CSR !
And while I was on the phone with him, I asked him to switch me to the new "International Plus" LD plan ($10 per month + tax) for unlimited North America (Canada & US only) + free 930 minutes LD total to these 10 countries only (Australia, China, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Pakistan, Poland, Portugal, UK).
I decided to go with this new "International Plus" LD plan ($5 more than the $5 500 min LD plan) because I found it really really cumbersome & unpractical to manually track the minutes of the limited 500 min LD plan. If in the future Rogers has an online homephone LD min tracking system, I will likely go back to the $5 500 min LD plan, because 500 min is just about the minutes I need per month.
Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad our CSR was able to meet you halfway on this.
Further to this querry, I suggest Rogers to add that feature in my Rogers profile, so that we can track it. It's same as Internet usage. All other private service providers do that, therefore I don't see any problem for Rogers for not having that. I just called customer service and only suggestion that they could provide is to call customer service to check the usage, which is not practical at all. If that is the solution you have rogers customers will have to call customer service each day to check the usage in order to be within the allotted limit. I'm sure Rogers can come up with a better system to manage our concern.
If i add Internation long Distance plan on Home phone then how can i track 930 minutes