cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"New" messages from long ago

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

What is going on with this board?  The last couple of days I've seen "new" messages popping up from a year ago and earlier. Some have been recently edited by moderators, making them "new" but many are not.  I'm seeing threads with new messages  I have to access over and over again because there are new messages in previous pages. Since the "next" function is broken and not getting fixed, I have to keep going "Back to Board" to see all these "new" old messages.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
5 REPLIES 5

Re: "New" messages from long ago

jays77
I'm a trusted contributor

Do you mean "new" as in recent messages added to old threads from a year or two back?  If so it could be someone  using the search feature to find a thread that discusses a problem similar to what they are having today and just adding to that rather than starting a new thread.

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

The couple I looked at  had no reason for coming forward ... the last post on each thread was an old one with no edit .  I just figured it was yet another Rogers glitch.Smiley Wink

But , in Rogers defense , maybe  some troll  has been going through , posting something silly or offensive on random threads and then the mods delete the whole post but  there is no evidence of it other than the whole thread is moved forward . 

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@jays77 wrote:

Do you mean "new" as in recent messages added to old threads from a year or two back?  If so it could be someone  using the search feature to find a thread that discusses a problem similar to what they are having today and just adding to that rather than starting a new thread.

No, just old messages popping up as new.  I know they do that after they've been screened by a moderator, but I've also seen untouched ones.  When I click on a thread that's bold, it takes me to the first new message, but sometimes it's a year old and should not come up as "new".

Hey @OLDYELLR,

Can you post a screenshot of this the next time you see it?

Like @barndoor mentioned, we do occasionally have users reply to much older threads. As well, Lithium has a built in spam filter that detects these sort of posts also. We will need more information before I can troubleshoot.

Thanks!

RogersRoland

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Will do next time it happens.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation