cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idea for rocket hub tv anyplace plan

Rich-Red
I like it here

suggest tv plans with channels from tv anyplace for rocket hub users as most can not get cable as we live in rural areas or use it for the cottage.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: idea for rocket hub tv anyplace plan

BS
I'm a senior advisor

Sounds like an interesting idea - with the push from CRTC that all companies are going to have to provide high speed to rural areas, why not find a way to sell them TV too - not sure the technical side of things. Certainly I can watch the majority of my current channel selection when in a rural area on very small internet packages via Anyplace - Wonder if they are interested in trying to meet that market, or they just going to wait out IPTV, but don't know what kind of bandwidth is going to be required for the Comcast model.

That is sure an out of the box thinking.

Bruce

Re: idea for rocket hub tv anyplace plan

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@Rich-Red wrote:

suggest tv plans with channels from tv anyplace for rocket hub users as most can not get cable as we live in rural areas or use it for the cottage.

Thanks.

I have a friend who lives out in the sticks and the only way they can get Internet, other by dial-up through the phone is with a Rogers Rocket Hub, which is extremely expensive. They limit themselves to email and only browse when away from home at a friend's or where there's free wifi.  The cost of watching several hours of TV a night delivered via a Rocket Hub would be astronomical.  Fortunately they have a Shaw satellite dish, which is quite reasonable.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation