cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would be nice to see a seniors discount package

Kathy3330
I've been around

Trying to help a senior parent in their late 80’s on a fixed income is very stressful.  I wish more large companies would offer them a seniors package discount that helps them stay in their home on a fixed income.  Please help kids trying to help their seniors 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Would be nice to see a seniors discount package

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Kathy3330 wrote:

Trying to help a senior parent in their late 80’s on a fixed income is very stressful.  I wish more large companies would offer them a seniors package discount that helps them stay in their home on a fixed income.  Please help kids trying to help their seniors 

There are a few options that you can explore.  If your TV requirements are simple, you can subscribe to the Digital TV Starter Package.  Rogers also has the Connected For Success program, which provides discounted Internet connectivity to seniors and qualifying individuals on fixed incomes.

Rogers does not offer any specific senior's discounts but if you send a private message to @CommunityHelps  and explain your situation, they will find the best discounts and promotions that are currently available.

For those living in apartments and condos, Rogers has sales reps that are assigned to help residents in those buildings and they may have access to special discounts that are not available to other Rogers agents.  Some building management teams negotiate bulk agreements with Rogers where residents can enjoy heavily discounted rates for the term of the contract.

Unfortunately, for those who still subscribe to Digital TV and other legacy services, it can be very, VERY challenging to find discounts since Rogers is actively trying to phase those services out, not provide incentives for customers to remain on them.

SES1
I've been here awhile
There is a special deal for any one who is on ODSW or if u r gains from youre CPP , depending on youre fixed income, you can call 1-866-689-0758 and ask about it , they will guide u through the process , good luck

davidho0915
I've been around

Hi There

My mother in law is a senior on fixed income. Her Rogers bill comes up to be about $210 (TV + Landline and Cell) a month. Is there a cheaper plan or discount available for seniors?  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As discussed by @-G- in the second post of this thread, there are no plans specifically for seniors, but there are starter packages, Connected for Success and perhaps a plan which can be reviewed for your MiL.  I'm a senior myself.

SES1
I've been here awhile
There actually is now , if u call 1-866-689-0758 it’s called Rogers connect, I pay $120 for wifi n cable with 3 Boxs , I can get a landline for $15 a month includes long distance Canada wide , if she just needs 1 box probably b cheaper , good thing is u never have to call back to renogotiate, it’s for life

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@SES1 wrote:
...call 1-866-689-0758 it’s called Rogers connect, 

Is that different than "Connected for Success" discussed earlier in this thread and my most recent post?  There are (low) income (or other) restrictions required for that.

https://connectedforsuccess.ca/

I did a search and came up empty for "Rogers Connect"

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I did some more research and the phone number you gave is for "Connected for Success".  Some FAQs are outlined in the screenshot below and you need to have a low income to qualify.

CFSCFS

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 5 in conversation