Unable to "Like" comments from others

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Contributor

Unable to "Like" comments from others

Not sure if this is happening to others, but I am unable to click "like" on comments from others. I do see that a few of my own comments have been liked by others, but whenever I click "like" it fails to record the "like given". I have recently read a number of comments that I would like to "like", in particular some from @BS and @OLDYELLR, but the "likes" never go through.

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Re: Unable to "Like" comments from others

Hey @Dugi,

I tested it myself by liking your post, I don't seem to be having any issues. This may sound like a ridiculous question, are you clicking the "like" tab, because that would actually only display the users which have liked the post. Have you tried clicking on the thumbs up icon?

Cheers,

RogersCilio

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Thanks for the attempts to like @Dugi  I would be very surprised if after all this time you would begin to like in the wrong place, but good thought @RogersCilio  Hope it clears up for you.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Contributor

@BS You are 100% correct. I know how to click the "thumbs up" tab. DUH! Once again though, I am unable to like your post or the post by @RogersCilio. Nothing happens when I click the "thumbs up" tab.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hmmm, works fine for me - I just liked @BS' post.  Have you tried a different browser, turned on pop-ups, etc...

I'm a Senior Advisor

Works for me too.  I click the Thumb. When I click LIKE I see who liked the post. But I'm always signed in when browsing the Forum.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

If I'm not signed in and click the Thumb, it asks me to sign in. @Dugi what OS and browser are you using, or are you using a phone?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Contributor

@OLDYELLR

I am using a Windows 7 laptop and Google Chrome. This inability to like comments from others is fairly recent. I never had the issue before. BTW, I am signed in!

Edit: I just gave Firefox a try and was able to like comments with it. Not sure what is up with Chrome.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Your last like came through on my post @Dugi

By George, I think you got it - doesn't the quirks of this forum drive one nuts at a time.  Great content, great people, but definitely has its quirks.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Contributor

@BS
While not a frequent user here, I have given over 50 likes and all using Chrome. Even this past weekend while away in the U.S., I was not able to like comments while using Chrome. Then @OLDYELLR's post gave me the idea to try a different browser and voila! It worked.

Topic Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 28 Likes
  • 9 in conversation