cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to "Like" comments from others

Dugi
I'm a senior contributor

Not sure if this is happening to others, but I am unable to click "like" on comments from others. I do see that a few of my own comments have been liked by others, but whenever I click "like" it fails to record the "like given". I have recently read a number of comments that I would like to "like", in particular some from @BS and @OLDYELLR, but the "likes" never go through.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unable to "Like" comments from others

Dugi
I'm a senior contributor

@OLDYELLR

I am using a Windows 7 laptop and Google Chrome. This inability to like comments from others is fairly recent. I never had the issue before. BTW, I am signed in!

Edit: I just gave Firefox a try and was able to like comments with it. Not sure what is up with Chrome.

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36

RogersCilio
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @Dugi,

I tested it myself by liking your post, I don't seem to be having any issues. This may sound like a ridiculous question, are you clicking the "like" tab, because that would actually only display the users which have liked the post. Have you tried clicking on the thumbs up icon?

Cheers,

RogersCilio

BS
I'm a senior advisor

Thanks for the attempts to like @Dugi  I would be very surprised if after all this time you would begin to like in the wrong place, but good thought @RogersCilio  Hope it clears up for you.

Bruce

Dugi
I'm a senior contributor

@BS You are 100% correct. I know how to click the "thumbs up" tab. DUH! Once again though, I am unable to like your post or the post by @RogersCilio. Nothing happens when I click the "thumbs up" tab.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hmmm, works fine for me - I just liked @BS' post.  Have you tried a different browser, turned on pop-ups, etc...

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Works for me too.  I click the Thumb. When I click LIKE I see who liked the post. But I'm always signed in when browsing the Forum.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

If I'm not signed in and click the Thumb, it asks me to sign in. @Dugi what OS and browser are you using, or are you using a phone?

Dugi
I'm a senior contributor

@OLDYELLR

I am using a Windows 7 laptop and Google Chrome. This inability to like comments from others is fairly recent. I never had the issue before. BTW, I am signed in!

Edit: I just gave Firefox a try and was able to like comments with it. Not sure what is up with Chrome.

BS
I'm a senior advisor

Your last like came through on my post @Dugi

By George, I think you got it - doesn't the quirks of this forum drive one nuts at a time.  Great content, great people, but definitely has its quirks.

Bruce

Dugi
I'm a senior contributor

@BS
While not a frequent user here, I have given over 50 likes and all using Chrome. Even this past weekend while away in the U.S., I was not able to like comments while using Chrome. Then @OLDYELLR's post gave me the idea to try a different browser and voila! It worked.

RogersCilio
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @Dugi,

Glad to hear you got it working and thanks to everyone with all the suggestions. I still find it odd since I'm using Chrome myself. Did you try to clear your cookies, cache and browsing history on Chrome? 

RogersCilio

Dugi
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersCilio

Yup - tried all of that yesterday and still cannot "like" when using Chrome.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@Dugi wrote:

I use Windows 7 and Firefox. It's ironic that Rogers has chosen Chrome as the first browser to migrate RAPTV to, completely ignoring Firefox. And how's that going? "Coming Soon".

arnym21
I plan to stick around

@RogersCilio wrote:

I still find it odd since I'm using Chrome myself.

Does the Like feature become available after a user crossed a certain posts count threshold? I'm unable to give any Likes too in the latest Chrome. It does work for me in Firefox, but FF user base is just a small share of Chrome user base at present, so we are certainly missing a lot of Likes. Smiley Wink I liked quite a few BS's posts, but never able to mark them.

This topic was marked as "Solved", when in fact it does NOT. Just because someone is able to place Likes in FF browser doesn't constitute a solution for Chrome users. Why such tendency to mark topics "Solved" when knowing its not true!?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@arnym21 :  I'm using Chrome and I just liked post 2 of this thread, so it works for me.  I assume you are clicking the right side of the like symbol where the thumbs up appears?

arnym21
I plan to stick around

Here is a video illustrating my Like experience in Chrome, while being logged in to this forum. I'm unable to leave or remove an earlier given Like in Chrome in any post. I was able to leave a Like in FF earlier as seen in that video.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I found that when I click the thumbs up to like a post and then click it again, my "Like" goes away. That's using Windows 7 and Firefox.

arnym21
I plan to stick around

@RogersCilio wrote:

Hey @Dugi,

I tested it myself by liking your post, I don't seem to be having any issues.

Can you test it in the latest Chrome as well? It looks like some people can't add or remove Likes in Chrome, and others can. And this is stable behavior, it doesn't change btw login sessions. As such it needs to be investigated by Lithium, otherwise we can be missing a lot of Likes, since Chrome is the most popular browser now, and therefore won't be rewarding the most popular contributors, thus making it harder to find the most useful posts for others. Also, may I ask to remove "Solved" tag from this thread, since the reported by OP and others issue was not solved so far. Smiley Happy

et17
I plan to stick around
I’m using Safari using a iPhone 8+ and can’t get likes to work within the past week or so. Yes I am signed in. I signed out then signed back in again and it just happened to WORK for the first time.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Like button not working

For the last couple of days when I click the Like button (thumb up) on posts, nothing happens, the number of likes does not increase. I can still click the number of likes and see who liked the post, but I just can't like it myself.  In desperation I actually clicked the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button, although that wasn't exactly what I meant. Anybody else seeing this?

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Thanks for moving my post to this thread. I had forgotten this was a problem before. Well, it's a problem again.Smiley Frustrated

Topic Stats
  • 36 replies
  • 29 Likes
  • 10 in conversation