Signing into Community Forums is a pain

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Signing into Community Forums is a pain

Using my Firefox Notifications bookmark, the last couple of days I've had to choose which account  (which is quite irrelevant to the Forum) about half the time. That takes me to My Rogers, from where I have to click the Notifications bookmark again.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@User14 wrote:... when I try to Join the Rogers Community Forums, I am NOT Signed In...

If, rather than clicking a link to the forums, you use a bookmark like @OLDYELLR and I do, (when in MyRogers) you will typically be taken properly to that bookmarked link and be logged into the forum.

I have no idea why using my own bookmark (favourite) to my notifications works, yet the link at the bottom of the MyRogers page to the forum doesn't.  I also have no idea why we are currently being redirected into MyRogers when I want to get to my notifications in the forum (as discussed in the other thread, link previously provided), as well as being taken to the forum incorrectly when I want to view My Internet in MyRogers...  It's a mess.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Using my Firefox Notifications bookmark, the last couple of days I've had to choose which account  (which is quite irrelevant to the Forum) about half the time. That takes me to My Rogers, from where I have to click the Notifications bookmark again.

Just as an FYI, I didn't bother clicking the account, I just clicked my bookmark instead of the account. One less step...

I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

Just as an FYI, I didn't bother clicking the account, I just clicked my bookmark instead of the account. One less step...

Thanks. That works.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@User14 wrote:

The problem of signing into Community Forums has not been resolved. I am posting in this old thread as it seems appropriate to see how long this issue has not been resolved. 

This image should indicate the problem.  I logged in from My Rogers, but when I try to Join the Rogers Community Forums, I am NOT Signed In.   Yet below it shows User 14 (that's me) as Online.  At this point, I can read posts but I cannot post any replies.  

I don't believe this is a NEW problem.   

I want to know from other users if this problem only applies to me before I send to  @CommunityHelps

Thanks. (BTW @57 - no captchas today (18 Jan 2019) when signing in first and second times. Smiley Wink)

Signed in but not signed in.jpg

Definitely   not a new problem  ....I posted about this long ago and nothing happened .  I can only guess that it is caused because they have tried to associate the two  sites under the Rogers umbrella and just don't have the smarts to do it right .  If they would seperate the  two  as though they were separate entities one would expect the log in to work far more smoothly and if My Rogers runs in to capacity problems it would not show up here as glitches . Not to mention fewer key strokes to get to which ever site you want to access . 

My original issue was similar to yours but different in that  if you log in here and then maybe post something and then  you actually log out you can come back  a half hour later as a lurker and find yourself still on the list of those logged in .  But  if you don't post while you are here you have a far better  chance of not being on the logged in list if you log out .  The response here was basically too bad so sad ,that's the way it is , and that obviously was true since nothing has changed in a couple years .

@User14 You been blessed ...I had a captcha right off the bat  today.  Smiley Very Happy

@barndoor wrote:

Definitely   not a new problem  ....I posted about this long ago and nothing happened .  I can only guess that it is caused because they have tried to associate the two  sites under the Rogers umbrella and just don't have the smarts to do it right .  If they would seperate the  two  as though they were separate entities one would expect the log in to work far more smoothly and if My Rogers runs in to capacity problems it would not show up here as glitches . Not to mention fewer key strokes to get to which ever site you want to access . 

My original issue was similar to yours but different in that  if you log in here and then maybe post something and then  you actually log out you can come back  a half hour later as a lurker and find yourself still on the list of those logged in .  But  if you don't post while you are here you have a far better  chance of not being on the logged in list if you log out .  The response here was basically too bad so sad ,that's the way it is , and that obviously was true since nothing has changed in a couple years .

@User14 You been blessed ...I had a captcha right off the bat  today.  Smiley Very Happy

I have not used the bookmark approach with Foxfire.  I normally use Chrome with my Adblockers, but when I get an email notification that someone has posted to the thread and I reply, it opens with the MS Edge browser. I do the normal password and (yes... Chapta gauntlet) to get here to post.  After that, I can open MyRogers and review my data usage etc.   I CAN'T seem to log in first with MyRogers, then go to Community Forums at the bottom of the page.  Everyone seems to have their own workaround to Sign into the Community Forum with different browsers and different approaches. I am not asking for these solutions.   

I guess my question should really be:

"Can everyone switch back and forth between MyRogers and Community Forums with each browser?"      

I definitely can NOT with Chrome and MS Edge.  I can only go one way - i.e. from Community Forum to MyRogers. I can't go from MyRogers to Community Forums unless I log out and in and go directly to Community Forums with the Captcha gauntlet once more. 

As this old subject title states: it is a pain.

I have not used the bookmark approach with Foxfire.  I normally use Chrome with my Adblockers, but when I get an email notification that someone has posted to the thread and I reply, it opens with the MS Edge browser. I do the normal password and (yes... Chapta gauntlet) to get here to post.  After that, I can open MyRogers and review my data usage etc.   I CAN'T seem to log in first with MyRogers, then go to Community Forums at the bottom of the page.  Everyone seems to have their own workaround to Sign into the Community Forum with different browsers and different approaches. I am not asking for these solutions.   

I guess my question should really be:

"Can everyone switch back and forth between MyRogers and Community Forums with each browser?"      

I definitely can NOT with Chrome and MS Edge.  I can only go one way - i.e. from Community Forum to MyRogers. I can't go from MyRogers to Community Forums unless I log out and in and go directly to Community Forums with the Captcha gauntlet once more. 

As this old subject title states: it is a pain.

POSTSCRIPT:  After posting, I clicked on MYROGERS expecting it to open so I could check my internet data.  No luck. I had to enter my password and do the Captcha gauntlet to get in.  When I clicked on INTERNET to see my usage, guess what - I was taken back to Community Forums!!  So here I am posting again explaining what happened.   Now I guess I have to log out completely, and try again.   Yes... it is quite a mess, not to mention a waste of time.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@User14 wrote:

1. ...when I get an email notification that someone has posted to the thread and I reply, it opens with the MS Edge browser.

2. ...When I clicked on INTERNET to see my usage, guess what - I was taken back to Community Forums!!  

1. This is probably because Edge has been set up as your default browser in your e-mail client, or overall on that computer/device.  You can change this to whatever default browser you prefer.

2.I believe I mentioned in one of these "login" threads that when this happens, just click the back button on your browser and then you should be able to see your internet usage by clicking Internet again.  You shouldn't need to exit.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I’ve had issues signing in for years but just dealt with it.

I’ve found that if I can’t login to the community forums, it’s almost certainly because I’m randomly still logged in to myrogers account but unaware of that fact. So I just make sure that I’m logged out of myrogers every time I try to log into the community forums and that seems to do the trick.

Sometimes I get like a million re-directs when trying to login and I haven’t been able to figure that one out. Might have something to do with using a mobile (iPhone) browser rather than a laptop or desktop browser.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@nasa25 wrote:
Sometimes I get like a million re-directs when trying to login and I haven’t been able to figure that one out. Might have something to do with using a mobile (iPhone) browser rather than a laptop or desktop browser.

This is being discussed in the following thread. See my most recent post and the numerous posts on the topic in the past 3 weeks.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Community-Questions-Suggestions/Signing-in-to-the-forum/m-p/43...