cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signing into Community Forums is a pain

scouternorm
I plan to stick around

When I go to the Community Forums home page, and I haven't been active for a while, I am asked to sign in. That's fine, but why does the sign in take you all the way to the Rogers home page? After signing in, I don't see a link to go to the Community Forums, so I have to backtrack to where I started from. I would like to stay on the forums page while signing in. It only makes sense, doesn't it?

57 REPLIES 57

Re: Signing into Community Forums is a pain

RogersStrick
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@OLDYELLR good suggestion, I will look into how we can make this happen

Definitely want the community forums to start growing and more easily accessible! would be nice! 😄

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

I agree. It's better that way. That will eliminate everyone from scrolling up all the time.

As an aside, frequently when I attempt to login to post a reply, I'm stuck in a redirect loop between https://www.rogers.com/web/totes/#/accountOverview and https://www.rogers.com/web/totes/#/signin?lithium_forum=true&redirectreason=notregistered&referer=ht... I'm using Firefox 45.0.1. I have to switch to Chrome to login and post. Does anyone know how I can work around this issue?

Hi @djshaw,

Are you still experiencing issues logging into the Rogers Community Forums? If so, as a work around, re-boot the PC, first log into your MyRoges account then try logging into the Community Forums again. 

Thanks, 

RogersArthur

Yes, I am still experiencing problems with Firefox. I move to a different browser to login and post.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Signing in has become next to impossible the last couple of days. This afternoon I tried every trick in the book that used to work before.  Closing the window and opening a new one, deleting Rogers cookies, signing into MyRogers and then scrolling down to Community Forums and clicking it. Nada. The only thing I didn't try was closing down my browser completely and starting over, because I have a bunch of other things going on.  Each time I delete Rogers cookies and try to sign in again I get the Survey/Feedback popup, which I usually ignore, but this time I left some really disgruntled feedback. The trouble is that this feedback is anonymous and we don't even know if anyone reads it and there's no way to get a response to know if anything is being done about the problems. It's like p****** in the wind. I finally managed to sign in by going to MyRogers, then my PayGo account and scrolling down to Community Forums.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Hi @OLDYELLR,

I can certainly understand the frustration. We are working with Lithium and our support groups to resolve these issues. For now, you can refer to the thread here as a workaround. 

We appreciate your patience while we try to get this resolved. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Signing in has become next to impossible the last couple of days. This afternoon I tried every trick in the book that used to work before.  Closing the window and opening a new one, deleting Rogers cookies, signing into MyRogers and then scrolling down to Community Forums and clicking it. Nada. The only thing I didn't try was closing down my browser completely and starting over, because I have a bunch of other things going on.  Each time I delete Rogers cookies and try to sign in again I get the Survey/Feedback popup, which I usually ignore, but this time I left some really disgruntled feedback. The trouble is that this feedback is anonymous and we don't even know if anyone reads it and there's no way to get a response to know if anything is being done about the problems. It's like p****** in the wind. I finally managed to sign in by going to MyRogers, then my PayGo account and scrolling down to Community Forums.

@OLDYELLR

I haven't had any trouble signing in, but don't sign in every day necessarily. Everything worked fine when I signed in today. Having said that, I always sign in to My Rogers first, then scroll down and click on Community Forums once I've finished reviewing my account.

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

There is a big issue signing into this Community and it's happening all the time why? I visit many other Lithium based Communities without issues please fix it or ask Lithium to fix it. 

http://www.lithium.com/

TIA,

Daniel Smiley Frustrated

Yup, its a pain.  Finally got in by signing into MyRogers first and then used the following link to the Recent Posts page to hop over to the forum;

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

I tried that as well and most times it doesn't work! So the Admin of the Rogers Community needs to put in a Ticket with Lithium to get this fixed! As I said I belong to other Communities using Lithium and they have to fix it I use the Webroot Community since Feb 2012 so I know how it works as Lithium even hosts there own Forum Software like Webroot: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Home/ct-p/consumer#.UgKbcD_Nnnt

Thanks,

Daniel 

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

jays77
I'm a trusted contributor
Sign in seems to be working better today. I signed in to MY Rogers then scrolled down, clicked Community Forum and was signed in when it popped up.

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

It's hit or miss so this needs to be looked after by Lithium Support.

theClubHopper
I'm a senior contributor

Wow, I'm in. First time since I started trying on Sunday!I was either getting "sign in" every time on the forum page even when signed in elsewhere on rogers.com or I got an endless loop of auto-redirects that added additional "&lang=en" to the end of the community forum URL, after the initial "?profile.language=en&lang=en".

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

This morning after I clicked the sign in icon I just briefly got my username/password screen, but it reverted back to the sign in screen again. However, clicking the icon a second time worked. So it's vastly improved and working with just a little hiccup for me. We'll see how it goes for subsequent logins.

User14
I'm a trusted contributor

The problem of signing into Community Forums has not been resolved. I am posting in this old thread as it seems appropriate to see how long this issue has not been resolved. 

This image should indicate the problem.  I logged in from My Rogers, but when I try to Join the Rogers Community Forums, I am NOT Signed In.   Yet below it shows User 14 (that's me) as Online.  At this point, I can read posts but I cannot post any replies.  

I don't believe this is a NEW problem.   

I want to know from other users if this problem only applies to me before I send to  @CommunityHelps

Thanks. (BTW @57 - no captchas today (18 Jan 2019) when signing in first and second times. Smiley Wink)

Signed in but not signed in.jpg

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@User14 : The most recent issues (for the past couple of weeks) are outlined from the following post link onwards in an active thread that also shows that this  (login issue) has been going on for many years, however, not always with the same problems.  It seems that every few months something new comes along to make logins difficult.  You may wish to review those posts.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Community-Questions-Suggestions/Signing-in-to-the-forum/m-p/43...

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Using my Firefox Notifications bookmark, the last couple of days I've had to choose which account  (which is quite irrelevant to the Forum) about half the time. That takes me to My Rogers, from where I have to click the Notifications bookmark again.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@User14 wrote:... when I try to Join the Rogers Community Forums, I am NOT Signed In...

If, rather than clicking a link to the forums, you use a bookmark like @OLDYELLR and I do, (when in MyRogers) you will typically be taken properly to that bookmarked link and be logged into the forum.

I have no idea why using my own bookmark (favourite) to my notifications works, yet the link at the bottom of the MyRogers page to the forum doesn't.  I also have no idea why we are currently being redirected into MyRogers when I want to get to my notifications in the forum (as discussed in the other thread, link previously provided), as well as being taken to the forum incorrectly when I want to view My Internet in MyRogers...  It's a mess.

Topic Stats