Signing in

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Signing in

Well signing in normally lasted about one week.  Tonight it's back to having to use incognito.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't know why I even bother. Usually whenever I try to sign in I get the dreaded loop and have to try a private window instead. Occasionally I try a normal login to see what happens. Today a normal login worked without using a private window. Not holding my breath though. 

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
jays77

well another week and the need to find another way to sign into the forums.
Today I could not sign is using Chrome or Incognito. I'm now back to using Edge In Private browsing.
I'm slowly moving passed frustrated to just being annoyed.
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

For me it's about one week off, one week on. Right now it's been okay for a couple of days. When I get the perpetual loop I try my work-around starting with my account balance bookmark and scrolling down, and if that doesn't work, private window.  I haven't changed anything in my browser. It's now the "new normal" routine.

TwitchyPuppy
I Plan to Stick Around

That’s an odd issue and one I can’t say I’m familiar with, sadly! Logging in works 100% of time with Safari on my MacBook and Opera on my Windows PC.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Many Rogers customers far more tech savvy than me are experiencing these same problems. It comes and goes. Often using private window (Incognito in Chrome) or clearing all cookies and data works, but the latter is a nuisance, requiring more steps to access other sites again.  In all cases the problem is only with Rogers. I suspect Community Forums sharing my Rogers account email and password may have something to do with it. One day I may create another identity using a different email address as an experiment.

robtoe
I Plan to Stick Around

Feel free to move, as I couldn't fine a "Rogers website" subforum.

Attempted to post a message just now (via Firefox).   I was logged into the Rogers.com website, and went to this forum where I saw the "sign in/register" top right.   I clicked on it to sign in, it took me to Rogers.com (where I was logged in), and bounced me back to the forum, but not logged in.

This loop is reproduceable on Firefox and Edge, i.e. no way to login to the forum.   Chrome is fine.

jays77

I find using either Chrome Incognito or Edge In Private browsing usually work.  Note I said usually.  Sometime I can sign in using one  but not the other of them.  On occasion I can't sign in on either Incognito or In Private Browsing.  

I don't even try to sign in anymore unless I use one of these two options.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

The problem goes in cycles of about a week. Just now I was able to sign in normally with Firefox. The only thing I did today  was delete Facebook cookies.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It was fine for a while, but yesterday I couldn't sign in.  I was just taken to the same page where I was (All Posts). I was able to sign in using Incognito (Chrome).  Deleted the usual Rogers cookies and recent cache.  All was good for several sign ins today, but just now couldn't sign in.  Worked with Incognito, so again deleted the usual Rogers cookies and cleared the cache.  I was then able to sign in to compose this post.

Sometimes this will happen when I use a different device - like my MacBook Air instead of my Mac Mini...  It shouldn't really matter.