Signing in

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Signing in

The only extension I use is Adblock Plus, however, I don't believe that's an issue here because the problem goes away when I clear Rogers cookies, but retain ABP.  I believe it's the same for several other people who have posted in this thread - cookies being the issue.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

The only extension I use is Adblock Plus, however, I don't believe that's an issue here because the problem goes away when I clear Rogers cookies, but retain ABP.  I believe it's the same for several other people who have posted in this thread - cookies being the issue.

I  use Adblock Plus and Behind The Overlay, which I would never disable. The last time I deleted all cookies and data, I had no more trouble signing in and didn't have to use any workarounds. Touch wood.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Cleared my cookies on Chrome and signing in is working properly again. No idea why this happens once in a while.  At least lately it's been easy to rectify, by using Incognito to check, and then deleting the applicable Rogers cookies.   I also usually delete my cache as well.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

I had been hesitant to delete all Cookies and Site Data because the last time I did it, I had trouble signing in to a couple of sites because I'd forgotten which profile I'd used. Yesterday I bit the bullet and did it and all is now well.

Well, it was nice while it lasted.  Two weeks ago I deleted all cookies and site data and yesterday the "new normal" was back and I had to do it again to keep Firefox going into an endless loop trying to sign into Community Forums.  😞

Bplayer
I'm a Trusted Contributor

That is bizarre. I only experienced the issue once around the start of this adventure, and after clearing cookies back then the problem has not returned. There have been at least 2 FF updates since then, some reboots, and a couple of Windows updates.

My opened tab in Edge for Ignite TV seemed to experience an endless loop this morning, but closing the tab, logging in to Rogers, linking to Ignite TV, and then doing a login was successful.

I wonder if there is something unusual with your account at Rogers, and not just a cookie issue. Just a thought.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Clearing cookies and site date didn't last this time, back to the endless looping, so I had to use a work-around, signing into my account, then scrolling down to Community Forums. I'm done with Rogers shenanigans and will no longer delete cookies and site data every time this happens. You would think that with Rogers infinite resources, they could fix this simple problem.

jays77

I've given up and just use In Private browsing. That work okay and is certainly less aggravating.
For some reason I can sigh into MyRogers with no problem. It is just the Community Forums that I can't access unless I use the In Private feature.
Don_Ca
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I could not log in for days this time.  Clearing cookies did not help as it usually does.  This is a problem with Khoros, the software they use for the forums.  

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Curiously, I've been able to sign in with Firefox without using a private window for the last couple of days and I haven't cleared cookies and data. Go figure.

jays77

I still need to use In Private browsing for the forum.
So far I have never had this problem with signing into MyRogers. However, to get to the Community Forums I have to sign out of MyRogers and go to Private browsing.