Signing in

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Signing in

I’m still having the same problems signing in using Edge and Chrome on my laptop. Nothing seems to make a difference.
Last time this happened it took about a month for the problem to be resolved.
Don_Ca
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Clear your browsing history? Search your cookies and delete any rogers ones.
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Don_Ca wrote:
Clear your browsing history? Search your cookies and delete any rogers ones.

That is what I do, to no avail. For the last 3 days I have not been able to sign in with Firefox. It goes into an endless loop.  I just tried replying anonymously with FF, hoping it would ask me to sign in when I clicked Post, but I ot the endless loop again. So here I an replying with Chrome. But even Chrome behaved the same when I tried to sign in, and I first had to go to Bill Summary, then click Community Forums at the bottom.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here's a comprehensive list of things to try:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/46...

I find the one that usually works is using private mode or incognito, as that will bypass cookies and probably cache.  If that works, then the issue is likely not with Rogers.  

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I just signed in using Firefox's New Private Window no problem.  I'll keep doing that until Rogers/Firefox get it fixed.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If it works using private mode that indicates there is an issue with your cookies/cache.  Sometimes it can be difficult to find all the cookies associated with Rogers (they may not have the word rogers in them when searching.  If you miss the one causing the problem, then it may not work.

One time I had to delete all my cookies to get access to one of my websites. I know that can be a bit of a pain if you have lots of things "memorized", but it's probably not a bad idea to delete them once in a while and put the "correct" cookies in place for all websites.

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Way above my pay grade. I’m a point and click user. 😁

I guess I’ll have to wait until I can get my daughter to help out.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

If it works using private mode that indicates there is an issue with your cookies/cache.  Sometimes it can be difficult to find all the cookies associated with Rogers (they may not have the word rogers in them when searching.  If you miss the one causing the problem, then it may not work.

One time I had to delete all my cookies to get access to one of my websites. I know that can be a bit of a pain if you have lots of things "memorized", but it's probably not a bad idea to delete them once in a while and put the "correct" cookies in place for all websites.

Yes, it's a real pain after you delete all your cookies and data, so it's the very last resort. But I've only ever had to do that when signing into Rogers wouldn't work.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Now I can't even sign in with Firefox private window and had to use Chrome Incognito. @CommunityHelps please get your IT team on the job and fix this problem.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR  I have not experienced any problems logging in with any of the web browsers that I have installed on my system.  Do you have any privacy extensions or content blockers installed that might be causing problems?

Rogers' web sites set MANY cookies.  Even when I block third-party cookies, I can still log into the Forum, and I see a total of 74 cookies set in 4 domains.