Signing in

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Signing in

@OLDYELLR wrote:

@jays77 wrote:

🤔   Tonight I could not get in using In Private browsing but could using Incognito.

What exactly is the difference? I Firefox I can open a New Private Window, in Chrome it's a New Incognito Window.  Which browser are you using?

In Private Browsing using Edge.

Incognito using Chrome.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Here we we go again. Signing into my notifications with Firefox again puts me into an endless loop. I had to sign in using a private browse window. In all my memory, Rogers is the only site that does this stuff. 

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Here we we go again. Signing into my notifications with Firefox again puts me into an endless loop. I had to sign in using a private browse window. In all my memory, Rogers is the only site that does this stuff. 

I think you're right about that.  I also don't recall login problems with other websites. Especially not problems every few months, which has been the case with Rogers for years!!!

I may have to change my password once in a while, like at Digital Home, but no problems like Rogers.  Digital Home also remembers my Username and PW, so I don't even need to bother logging in each time. As I mentioned several times previously, I believe part of the issue is that there is a "tie-in" between MyRogers and the Forum. If Rogers made these separate, they could probably eliminate these sorts of issues, along with redirects, etc.

jays77

I think you are right. Back when I could sign in without much hassle one login signed me into both MyRogers and the Forums. When I finished reading the forums I would sign out and be automatically be sign out MyRogers even though I hadn't sign into the MyRogers site.

Now using In Private or Incognito browsing when I sign out of the forums it takes me to the MyRogers page and I have to out there as well.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, there's a difference between signing into my Rogers Account to see my balance and signing into Community Forums (I use my Notifications bookmark).   The former works fine with Firefox, but the latter gives me an endless loop unless I use a Private Window. So now I first sign in to see my Bill Summary and then just scroll  down to Community Forums, and Voila! But only someone with a Rogers account can do that and there have to be people registered and posting on the Forums who are not, or are no longer, Rogers customers.

Bplayer

@OLDYELLR There is something strange going on with your PC. I also experienced the problem weeks ago at the same time you initially reported the problem. After clearing my cache in FF it went away and has not returned.

Maybe you should try clearing the cache again or even reinstalling FF. I have never had to resort to the Private Window route. Not sure if it makes any difference but I have ublock Origin and DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials add-ons installed.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Bplayer  I ran into an issue a few days ago where Privacy Badger was blocking more than usual and I had a problem logging into the Forum, although I could log into MyRogers.  It's all working for me now but content blockers and privacy extensions can cause problems, especially if you are logged into multiple sites and your extensions are trying to prevent cross-site tracking.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Bplayer wrote:

@OLDYELLRThere is something strange going on with your PC. I also experienced the problem weeks ago at the same time you initially reported the problem. After clearing my cache in FF it went away and has not returned.

I had been hesitant to delete all Cookies and Site Data because the last time I did it, I had trouble signing in to a couple of sites because I'd forgotten which profile I'd used. Yesterday I bit the bullet and did it and all is now well.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Trouble signing in this morning using Chrome. It worked using FF or Incognito...

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

Trouble signing in this morning using Chrome. It worked using FF or Incognito...

I have had problems signing into the Forum with all my browsers when the EFF Privacy Badger extension is enabled.