Signing in

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Signing in

For the past week or so the only way I could sign into the Community Forums was by using Chrome Incognito. Tonight that doesn't work but now Edge In Private Browsing is my ticket in.

I'm guessing this will work for a few days then I'll have to go back to the Chrome route. That seems to be the pattern for the past month or so.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

After working several times yesterday, I couldn't login this morning with Chrome at all, even with Incognito.  I cleared cookies and cache and was able to login again. Weird.  This Rogers Forum website is not like any others that I use. I login to quite a few and this is the only problem website.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

After working several times yesterday, I couldn't login this morning with Chrome at all, even with Incognito.  I cleared cookies and cache and was able to login again. Weird.  This Rogers Forum website is not like any others that I use. I login to quite a few and this is the only problem website.

As I mentioned a week ago, I no longer have problems signing in with Firefox and have made no changes, deleted no cookies or data. Rogers Forums really is a mystery.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
jays77

Unlike last night, tonight I am able to get in using Chrome Incognito. Out of curiosity I'm going to try Edge In Private Browsing and see if it also works. It would be a novelty if both did.
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jays77 wrote:
Unlike last night, tonight I am able to get in using Chrome Incognito. Out of curiosity I'm going to try Edge In Private Browsing and see if it also works. It would be a novelty if both did.

Something is definitely wonky because there are days when I have trouble signing in... and the next day, the same browser configuration works fine.  I have raised this issue privately with @RogersDarrell  and the @CommunityHelps  team and they are investigating.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Should also clarify that I mainly had sign-in issues with some common content blocker and privacy/anti-tracking extensions active.  (e.g. uBlock Origin with the default filter set, EFF Privacy Badger, or both active.)  Sometimes I was able to log in, sometimes not.  Sometimes I was unable to log in using Firefox, with no extensions and Enhanced Tracking Protection set to Strict; other times it worked fine.

What's also strange is that on days where others are reporting that they cannot log in, I am often able to log in fine, even with those sometimes-problematic browser configurations.

So far in my testing, I have always been able to log into the Community Forum using default browser configurations (with no content blocking) and with all cookies, cache and site data cleared.

Over the last week, I have not run into any problems logging in with any browser, even with content blocker and privacy extensions enabled.

jays77

😲  I'm shocked.   

Tonight I could sign in using Chrome.  No incognito, no In Private Browsing.   I have done nothing different. No deleting cookies or unblocking anything.  I Just logged in like I have always done in the past.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that whatever the recent problem was is now in the past.  ( I'm not overly hopeful though).

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jays77 wrote:

Tonight I could sign in using Chrome.  No incognito, no In Private Browsing.   I have done nothing different. No deleting cookies or unblocking anything.  I Just logged in like I have always done in the past.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that whatever the recent problem was is now in the past.  ( I'm not overly hopeful though).

It's not in the past.  Could not log into the Forum just now using Firefox with uBO/default filters.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@-G- wrote:

It's not in the past.  Could not log into the Forum just now using Firefox with uBO/default filters.

It's back after almost 2 weeks. No problem signing in with Firefox this morning, but I got the dreaded looping this afternoon and had to use a workaround.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

My quick workaround was to use my PayGo Balance bookmark when it started looping and then just scroll down to Community Forums. This time that bookmark gave me this, so I had to use a private window.

maintenance.jpg

What an oxymoron! Every time Rogers makes an "upgrade" things get worse. 😫