cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signing in

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I have my notifications saved as a bookmark to sign in to the forum. Now I'm seeing this:

"Your request is currently being processed"

request.jpg

At first it was just a flash, but now it just stayed and the only way I could sign in was to go to rogers.com

Anyone else seeing this?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
163 REPLIES 163

Re: Signing in

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
Private mode does not use cookies, see my post above about cookies

jays77
I'm a trusted contributor

I

@Don_Ca wrote:
Private mode does not use cookies, see my post above about cookies

Sometimes that has worked and sometimes it hasn't.   Sometimes  that fixes the problem for a few days and sometimes longer.  Sometimes for months I can sign in with no problems then out of the blue the problem is back.

In the past I have found that eventually it will fix itself but that doesn't mean  the signing in problem is not annoying.   

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I agree that it's weird that sometimes this forum website doesn't let you login in the usual manner. It seems to happen every few months when Rogers probably does something to the website.  In my case it even affected one computer and not another.

One thing that Private mode or Incognito mode tells you (if it works) is that there is an issue with your cookies and if you delete the appropriate Rogers cookies, you will very likely be back to "normal" again.

jays77

🤔   Tonight I could not get in using In Private browsing but could using Incognito.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@jays77 wrote:

🤔   Tonight I could not get in using In Private browsing but could using Incognito.

What exactly is the difference? I Firefox I can open a New Private Window, in Chrome it's a New Incognito Window.  Which browser are you using?

jays77

@OLDYELLR wrote:

@jays77 wrote:

What exactly is the difference? I Firefox I can open a New Private Window, in Chrome it's a New Incognito Window.  Which browser are you using?

In Private Browsing using Edge.

Incognito using Chrome.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Here we we go again. Signing into my notifications with Firefox again puts me into an endless loop. I had to sign in using a private browse window. In all my memory, Rogers is the only site that does this stuff. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Here we we go again. Signing into my notifications with Firefox again puts me into an endless loop. I had to sign in using a private browse window. In all my memory, Rogers is the only site that does this stuff. 

I think you're right about that.  I also don't recall login problems with other websites. Especially not problems every few months, which has been the case with Rogers for years!!!

I may have to change my password once in a while, like at Digital Home, but no problems like Rogers.  Digital Home also remembers my Username and PW, so I don't even need to bother logging in each time. As I mentioned several times previously, I believe part of the issue is that there is a "tie-in" between MyRogers and the Forum. If Rogers made these separate, they could probably eliminate these sorts of issues, along with redirects, etc.

jays77

I think you are right. Back when I could sign in without much hassle one login signed me into both MyRogers and the Forums. When I finished reading the forums I would sign out and be automatically be sign out MyRogers even though I hadn't sign into the MyRogers site.

Now using In Private or Incognito browsing when I sign out of the forums it takes me to the MyRogers page and I have to out there as well.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Yes, there's a difference between signing into my Rogers Account to see my balance and signing into Community Forums (I use my Notifications bookmark).   The former works fine with Firefox, but the latter gives me an endless loop unless I use a Private Window. So now I first sign in to see my Bill Summary and then just scroll  down to Community Forums, and Voila! But only someone with a Rogers account can do that and there have to be people registered and posting on the Forums who are not, or are no longer, Rogers customers.

Bplayer

@OLDYELLR There is something strange going on with your PC. I also experienced the problem weeks ago at the same time you initially reported the problem. After clearing my cache in FF it went away and has not returned.

Maybe you should try clearing the cache again or even reinstalling FF. I have never had to resort to the Private Window route. Not sure if it makes any difference but I have ublock Origin and DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials add-ons installed.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Bplayer  I ran into an issue a few days ago where Privacy Badger was blocking more than usual and I had a problem logging into the Forum, although I could log into MyRogers.  It's all working for me now but content blockers and privacy extensions can cause problems, especially if you are logged into multiple sites and your extensions are trying to prevent cross-site tracking.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@Bplayer wrote:

@OLDYELLRThere is something strange going on with your PC. I also experienced the problem weeks ago at the same time you initially reported the problem. After clearing my cache in FF it went away and has not returned.

I had been hesitant to delete all Cookies and Site Data because the last time I did it, I had trouble signing in to a couple of sites because I'd forgotten which profile I'd used. Yesterday I bit the bullet and did it and all is now well.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Trouble signing in this morning using Chrome. It worked using FF or Incognito...

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

Trouble signing in this morning using Chrome. It worked using FF or Incognito...

I have had problems signing into the Forum with all my browsers when the EFF Privacy Badger extension is enabled.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The only extension I use is Adblock Plus, however, I don't believe that's an issue here because the problem goes away when I clear Rogers cookies, but retain ABP.  I believe it's the same for several other people who have posted in this thread - cookies being the issue.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@57 wrote:

The only extension I use is Adblock Plus, however, I don't believe that's an issue here because the problem goes away when I clear Rogers cookies, but retain ABP.  I believe it's the same for several other people who have posted in this thread - cookies being the issue.

I  use Adblock Plus and Behind The Overlay, which I would never disable. The last time I deleted all cookies and data, I had no more trouble signing in and didn't have to use any workarounds. Touch wood.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Cleared my cookies on Chrome and signing in is working properly again. No idea why this happens once in a while.  At least lately it's been easy to rectify, by using Incognito to check, and then deleting the applicable Rogers cookies.   I also usually delete my cache as well.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

I had been hesitant to delete all Cookies and Site Data because the last time I did it, I had trouble signing in to a couple of sites because I'd forgotten which profile I'd used. Yesterday I bit the bullet and did it and all is now well.

Well, it was nice while it lasted.  Two weeks ago I deleted all cookies and site data and yesterday the "new normal" was back and I had to do it again to keep Firefox going into an endless loop trying to sign into Community Forums.  😞

Bplayer

That is bizarre. I only experienced the issue once around the start of this adventure, and after clearing cookies back then the problem has not returned. There have been at least 2 FF updates since then, some reboots, and a couple of Windows updates.

My opened tab in Edge for Ignite TV seemed to experience an endless loop this morning, but closing the tab, logging in to Rogers, linking to Ignite TV, and then doing a login was successful.

I wonder if there is something unusual with your account at Rogers, and not just a cookie issue. Just a thought.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Clearing cookies and site date didn't last this time, back to the endless looping, so I had to use a work-around, signing into my account, then scrolling down to Community Forums. I'm done with Rogers shenanigans and will no longer delete cookies and site data every time this happens. You would think that with Rogers infinite resources, they could fix this simple problem.

Topic Stats
  • 163 replies
  • 27 Likes
  • 13 in conversation