Signing in

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Signing in

@OLDYELLR wrote:

All is still not well.

Yes, I agree.  I am having problems logging back in again after logging out.  Signing into the Forum seems to work but I do not show as being signed in.  If I clear all cookies and try again, it works fine.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@-G- wrote:

@OLDYELLR wrote:

All is still not well.

Yes, I agree.  I am having problems logging back in again after logging out.  Signing into the Forum seems to work but I do not show as being signed in.  If I clear all cookies and try again, it works fine.

I never sign out, just close the tab or change the URL to where I want to go next. If I come back, I have to sign in again unless I still have My Rogers open in another tab,

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Maybe I've been a bit too hard on Rogers compatibility with Firefox, my default browser. Recently I've had weird stuff going on with other sites. I have a bunch of Firefox add-ons and extensions. If I go to the Firefox menu in the top right corner and select Help/Troubleshoot Mode, I can temporarily disable all my add-ons and extensions until I run it again. That has solved a lot of the weirdness and I can then disable any add-on or extension to see if that's the problem.

Don_Ca
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I do the same and always have to log in.

I had to delete all Rogers cookies this morning to be able to log in.
jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Well it's back to being annoying trying to sign into the Community Forums.
Yesterday it didn't matter what I tried. No luck. Tonight I finally could sign in using In Private mode with Edge. It is frustrating especially since this is only message board I use that presents so much hassle.
Don_Ca
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Private mode does not use cookies, see my post above about cookies
jays77

I

@Don_Ca wrote:
Private mode does not use cookies, see my post above about cookies

Sometimes that has worked and sometimes it hasn't.   Sometimes  that fixes the problem for a few days and sometimes longer.  Sometimes for months I can sign in with no problems then out of the blue the problem is back.

In the past I have found that eventually it will fix itself but that doesn't mean  the signing in problem is not annoying.   

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I agree that it's weird that sometimes this forum website doesn't let you login in the usual manner. It seems to happen every few months when Rogers probably does something to the website.  In my case it even affected one computer and not another.

One thing that Private mode or Incognito mode tells you (if it works) is that there is an issue with your cookies and if you delete the appropriate Rogers cookies, you will very likely be back to "normal" again.

jays77

🤔   Tonight I could not get in using In Private browsing but could using Incognito.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@jays77 wrote:

🤔   Tonight I could not get in using In Private browsing but could using Incognito.

What exactly is the difference? I Firefox I can open a New Private Window, in Chrome it's a New Incognito Window.  Which browser are you using?