cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signing in

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I have my notifications saved as a bookmark to sign in to the forum. Now I'm seeing this:

"Your request is currently being processed"

request.jpg

At first it was just a flash, but now it just stayed and the only way I could sign in was to go to rogers.com

Anyone else seeing this?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
163 REPLIES 163

Re: Signing in

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I saw it too for a while on any of the Rogers Forum pages.  It seems to be fine now.

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)

This morning our Community vendor experienced an issue on their side. It affected other Communities as well.

While still on going in some aspect, most issues have been solved. Our vendor continues to monitor at this time.

Thanks!

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

No problem signing in this tine. Thanks.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
I had issues signing in yesterday morning, I simply just gave up and waited til later onto try and it worked

@RogersDarrell wrote:

This morning our Community vendor experienced an issue on their side. It affected other Communities as well.

While still on going in some aspect, most issues have been solved. Our vendor continues to monitor at this time.

Some of us have been showing up here as logged in/idle for more than a week now, and still are.  Is there a "magic" URL that we can use to log ourselves out of all sessions on all Rogers.com services?

Thanks!

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@-G- wrote:

Some of us have been showing up here as logged in/idle for more than a week now, and still are.  Is there a "magic" URL that we can use to log ourselves out of all sessions on all Rogers.com services?

Thanks!

I can't remember how long it took to have to sign in again after leaving the site, but it may be 30 minutes.  A couple of times lately I found myself still logged in after returning after a longer time.  But I never physically sign out, just close the window or tab in Firefox, or just go elsewhere. Not sure that's a problem, unless you have others using your computer.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Normally, a Forum session times out after 60 minutes of inactivity.

RogersDarrell

Hi @-G- 

Is this still happening for you?

I can confirm on both Chrome and FireFox on this side we're auto logged out after 30 min. or so.

@RogersDarrell  I do not have any trouble signing in.  I also usually log out explicitly.  In the past, if I ever closed my browser without logging out, the system would log me out automatically after 60 minutes of idle time... and "Users Online" would no longer show me as logged in.  I have not tested to see whether or not the system currently logs me out after an idle period.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/usersonlinepage shows that I have been logged in and idle for 22000+ minutes and counting, even when I am logged out, and even now, while I am currently logged in and active.  5 other users are in the same situation.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm having two different issues signing in recently:

First, after filling in the password pop-up, I'm presented with a second pop-up to:

Set up a wireless phone number to make recovering your sign-in info easier. You can use any wireless number, and it’ll only take a couple of minutes.

I don't have a wireless phone that I use regularly, so, I click skip, but it comes up the next time I sign in.  This is a pain. I used to be able to click skip once and it would forget about this for a while.

Today, it's not possible for me to sign in at all using Chrome on my Mac Mini.  After clicking "skip", I'm not signed in.  I'm currently using FF (which works) on my Mac Mini to type this post.  I may have to see about clearing cache and Rogers cookies on Chrome and/or trying Incognito.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Tried Chrome Incognito, and I could sign in.  It doesn't remember my username/e-mail, nor does it remember to "skip" the wireless message when I try to sign in.  I expected this since Incognito bypasses the cookies.

I deleted the appropriate Rogers cookies and my cache and I could sign in using Chrome in regular mode, however, it acted just like Incognito mode in that if I try to sign in again later, it doesn't "remember me" even though I have that option checked and it also brings up the wireless message again even though I told it to "skip". It looks like something has been changed by Rogers regarding Chrome (for Mac) cookies.

Since I was experimenting a lot by signing in and out, after a few (successful) attempts I got a message "This account has been locked for 30 minutes as there have been too many access attempts".  I could understand getting this message if the attempts were unsuccessful, but they weren't....

One other item that may be related.  I used to get e-mail notifications of "likes" to my posts. I got some just last week.  The last couple of days I haven't seen any such e-mail notifications and I just checked my "subscriptions" preferences...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

I used to get e-mail notifications of "likes" to my posts. I got some just last week.  The last couple of days I haven't seen any such e-mail notifications and I just checked my "subscriptions" preferences...

Strange. I just got some e-mail notifications from August 19.  Some, more recent e-mail notifications have not come yet...

Hello @57

Thanks for letting us know!

I have sent this off to be looked at further. We will keep you updated once we hear back.

Cheers

RogersHarry

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm still having issues.  All is working fine if I use Firefox.  

In Chrome:

1. Every time I try to sign in, I have to include my username again. It doesn't remember me so obviously there is some sort of cookie issue that is not getting written properly in Chrome, but does work in FF. I have tried clearing the Rogers cookies and cache several times in Chrome  See screenshot below:

R1.png

2. Each time I sign in, after filling in the previous pop-up including the "remember me", I have to click one of the following options:  I don't have to do this in FF.

R2.png

3. In addition to the above Chrome Issues, I'm still not receiving e-mail notifications regarding PMs or "likes". 

Something changed late last week.  Anyone else?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

FYI, Chrome/Chromium 84 introduced some significant changes to how it handles 3rd-party cookies: https://blog.chromium.org/2020/05/resuming-samesite-cookie-changes-in-july.html

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I also tried Safari and it remembered me, so the cookies there are working properly.  I did get the following error a couple of times though in Safari...

R3.png

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

3. In addition to the above Chrome Issues, I'm still not receiving e-mail notifications regarding PMs or "likes". 

Something changed late last week.  Anyone else?

Last week, all of the Community Mailer notifications started getting delivered straight into my Junk folder... and it is still happening even after I added the address as a "safe sender".

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

First thing I did was check my Spam/Junk folders in both Webmail and my Outlook client. Nothing there.  It is possible that these are being flagged by Rogers/Yahoo (algorithm) as spam (and not even going to spam/junk), since there are probably many e-mails going out.  Rogers may need to contact Rogers/Yahoo to get their  e-mail sender white listed (again?).  @CommunityHelps Please flag this to the appropriate party. 

PS. I can't get into the forum using Chrome at all now.  Perhaps someone is working on the issues...  I'm using FF to post this.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

PS. I can't get into the forum using Chrome at all now.  Perhaps someone is working on the issues...  I'm using FF to post this.

FYI, Google also A/B testing for some of their upcoming code changes in Chrome using Origin Trials.  If you got randomly selected, that may explain why you are getting different results that may not replicate on other systems.  There's no way to tell if you did get selected (or to opt out) but you can reset your Variation State by invoking Chrome with the "--reset-variation-state" command line switch.

RogersDarrell

Hey @57  and @-G- 

Thanks so much for the in-depth testing.

I can't replicate on this side in or outside of the network, so it looks like @-G- may be onto something about the Chrome testing.

Can anyone else replicate?

RogersDarrell

Topic Stats
  • 163 replies
  • 27 Likes
  • 13 in conversation