Signing in to the forum

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Signing in to the forum

@OLDYELLR : Have you tried signing in using the blue link at the top right of any forum screen instead of using your notifications bookmark?  I've found that signing in that way is as fast as it always was.  I've also signed in while replying to a post without signing in first and it's also as fast as it always was.

However, once signed in, if I click on my notifications bell under my avatar, that still takes a long time - 30 to 90 seconds.  So I suspect that there is still an issue with the notifications and not necessarily with the signing in process itself. 

I just tried this process again this morning and signing in using my notifications bookmark was about 65 seconds. It almost seems like it "hangs" with the jelly beans for a minute before something happens...  I've often timed it and after 60 seconds (almost like a timer) I get to my notifications.  It's not always the case, but it often is.

I've also seen the doubleclick you mention, but it doesn't stay for long, so I don't believe that's a source of the delay.

Edit - lately I've been using the "all posts" link which allows me to see all recent posts and I don't bother signing in unless I wish to reply, and even then I sometimes reply without having signed in and then sign in as part of the "post" process.  I always copy what I've written in the reply in case it gets lost, but so far so good.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/node-display-id/categ...

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@57  Going to My Rogers and trying to sign in using the link at the top right does nothing for me. No sign-in popup. I then navigated to Community Forums and anonymously replied, but when I clicked POST it ended up with messages at the bottom waiting for all kinds of things, including facebook.  After a couple of minutes I gave up and closed Firefox, then opened it and used my Notifications bookmark.

I would really like to hear from others if they're encountering these problems signing in.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:

1. Going to My Rogers and trying to sign in using the link at the top right does nothing for me.

2. I then navigated to Community Forums and anonymously replied, but when I clicked POST it ended up with messages at the bottom waiting for all kinds of things, including facebook.  

1. I wasn't talking about going in via MyRogers, but rather using the blue "Sign in / Register" link at the top right of every forum page.

2. This part may have been "messed up" because you had signed into MyRogers?

I find that sometimes you're actually signed in while the page appears to still be loading. If nothing happens for a while I click another forum bookmark that I have like "all posts" and many times I'm taken instantly to that link and I'm logged in.

Do you encounter any difference using Chrome?  I've tried FF but the same things usually happen to me.

Notifications are still messed up. Sometimes I'll see that there is an indication (brown number) on my avatar that I've got a certain number of notifications, but when I click on my avatar the bell (link that takes you to notifications) doesn't show any notifications.  Something got messed up with notifications a short while back and it's still not properly fixed.

I also would like to hear from others to see if they have the same issue with notifications or signing in.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I haven't tried Chrome here lately other than to see if the Like button worked and the "gear" showed in the top right of posts (they did) and don't recall how quick signing in was. Now I've fixed Firefox, so that's okay. However, signing in using my Notifications bookmark this time was normal, so maybe it's fixed.

Edit: Just going to my Notifications clicking my username at the top right and the bell was still slow, like @57 mentioned earlier.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I take it all back. It's a whole lot worse, not better. After posting the above I was browsing the Forums and it got incredibly slow going to new ones. I saw multitudes of messages at the bottom left, including one something like "contacting m.addthis.com" I found that addthis.com is a tool to "Turn your visitors into engaged customers". I then accidentally closed the tab and had to sign in again. This time I got an endless loop until I closed FF and then re-opened it Signing in again took a long time with all kinds of messages including "transferring data from facebook.com". It looks to me like Rogers is mining a lot of data from visitors.

As I was typing this reply a red banner appeared above saying,

Authentication Failed.
Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication.

When I clicked POST, I got signed out.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, occasionally things will be fine, but 90% of the time getting to notifications takes forever. I also had a similar issue to yours in post 443 of this thread, although that hasn't repeated (yet).  

Edit: For this post I did the (signed out) reply then clicked post and signed in. All was fine this time, even getting to my notifications, but that'll probably change next time...

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

After 10 days of having to find circuitous routes into the forum or my notifications, all appears to be working properly again today.  I hope I don't jinx anything (I don't believe I have that kind of power anyway 😉 ) .

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

It seems that the signing in bug has rared its ugly head again.  With both Firefox and Chrome, after clicking the email/password pop-up, it goes into an endless loop.  This started yesterday.  I was finally able to sign in using Chrome Incognito tab.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

As of this morning signing in is still broken using Firefox or Chrome. After clicking the email/password pop-up it still goes onto a perpetual loop trying to load the My Rogers page. This time I was able to sign in using Firefox private window.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR : If you're able to sign in using Incognito/Private, this typically means there's an issue with your cookies because that mode bypasses the cookies.  You'll probably need to go in and delete appropriate cache/cookies.  As an FYI, I had no issues signing in to reply just now.