Signing in to the forum

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Signing in to the forum

Well, clearing Rogers cache and cookies in Firefox made no difference, still the perpetual loop. Tried Firefox private window and the login just hung with the spinning arrow forever, so I guess it's more anonymous than Chrome Incognito.  So I'm back with Chrome. Smiley Embarassed

@CommunityHelps  Please get this fixed.  I know Chrome is now the most popular browser, but Firefox is second and in many ways superior, with a die-hard following. People like to stick with their favourite browser, not have to use a different one for troublesome websites.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR : I just signed in using FF on my Mac Mini.  I'm posting this using FF.  Make sure you have JavaScipt enabled, but haven't enabled any adblockers or other extensions/items, etc., as discussed in the following post:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/42...

Edit:  After I posted this I updated my FF (haven't used it in a while).  After the update I'm having issues.  I'll do some more experimenting this afternoon when I have time.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I went into the new FF (68.0.1) preferences. Cleared cookies and cache associated with Rogers and was able to sign in without issue just now.

I'm a Senior Advisor

That;s what I just did, same version FF. Same loop. Smiley Frustrated

Using Chrome again,

I'm a Senior Advisor

4th day in a row now I can't sign into Community Forums using Firefox, have to use Chrome. While I appreciate tips and tricks how to attempt getting past this block (none of which have worked) the point is Rogers has changed something and  I haven't.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:

.. the point is Rogers has changed something and  I haven't.

To be fair, FF does have a new version, so it's not necessarily that it's Rogers fault (totally).  As I mentioned earlier, I couldn't sign in either with the new version until I cleared the Rogers cookies.

I went into Preferences, Privacy, Manage Data, searched for Rogers cookies and could see which cookies had been used recently with the "last used" column of the cookies.  I deleted all of those, exited FF and FF worked for me after that.  Good Luck.  I'm on a Mac, so the instructions above may need minor modifications...

I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

To be fair, FF does have a new version, so it's not necessarily that it's Rogers fault (totally).  As I mentioned earlier, I couldn't sign in either with the new version until I cleared the Rogers cookies.

I went into Preferences, Privacy, Manage Data, searched for Rogers cookies and could see which cookies had been used recently with the "last used" column of the cookies.  I deleted all of those, exited FF and FF worked for me after that.  Good Luck.  I'm on a Mac, so the instructions above may need minor modifications...

That's exactly what occurred to me just now. FF updated to version 68.0.1 Thursday, July 18th, exactly the same day that it stopped working for me to access Community Forums, but I don't  see anything in "What's New" that looks suspicious to me.  I've gone and deleted Rogers cookies again in FF, but this time I clicked Save Changes, which I hadn't noticed before.  I'll come back with FF to see if that did the trick.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Thanks @57  that did the trick. First when I tried logging in the popup showed my email address and password dots, but the arrow just twirled forever after clicking. But it worked after manually overwriting the password dots. I can see why Rogers doesn't love Firefox.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This evening I could not sign into the Forum using my "notifications" bookmark.  I could also not login using the blue "login" link at the top right of the screen. I could also not get to the forum using "MyRogers" and clicking the Community Forums link.

I was able to get to the forum using the "internet" link on MyRogers, which for some reason takes me to my forum notifications the first time I click on it.  This has been the case for quite a while and when I want to see my internet usage, I have to hit the back button and click Internet Usage again in MyRogers.

I tried FF & Chrome. I tried deleting cookies and cache. I just get the bouncing jelly beens when I click on my Notifications bookmark and I'm never forwarded to the login popup.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone,

I know that as of last weekend our digital team has been working on some things with the MyRogers login, so that may be affecting your current login experience.

RogersDarrell