Signing in to the forum

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Signing in to the forum

I just noticed that paragraphs are obviously passé .
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jays77  (and others). Whenever you have issues signing in, etc., try a different browser, or use Incognito Mode or Private Browsing, or whatever it's called in your favourite browser. This usually bypasses cookies/cache and typically works. No guarantees, but it often does the trick,  Certainly no need to wait a week.  Here's a post with the various tips - like popups, extensions, etc:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/42...

One other tip is to sign into MyRogers and go to the forum via the link at the bottom of the page. Again, no guarantees...

No problems with paragraphs here.  Obviously, there's something amiss with all the avatars, wherever they're located on the page.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I had to use a Firefox private window to sign i to the torus again. I'm done with jumping through hoops to sign in. Next time I can't sign in the normal way I'll just stop trying.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What I don't understand is how the changes could be released to the forum, when there are very obvious issues with Avatars and other things.  It would take 1 minute of testing to see that the forum is not functioning properly and the changes should not have been implemented.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Well, I finally managed to sign in with Firefox after clearing cookies and site data, but it was slow.

Edit is working and avatars look normal.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

What I don't understand is how the changes could be released to the forum, when there are very obvious issues with Avatars and other things.  It would take 1 minute of testing to see that the forum is not functioning properly and the changes should not have been implemented.

There was certainly a gap in testing.  As for the problem itself, when I Inspected the web page with DevTools, there were a ton of errors, mainly resources that failed to load due to too many redirects.  I don't think that it was a software issue or a problem with the coding of the site itself.  It was most likely caused by an issue on the infrastructure side; they might have moved the Rogers Forums to a different server and misconfigured a load balancer, proxy server or something similar in the process.  (Everything may have also tested fine internally.)  As a result, for us, elements on the page failed to load and the site became pretty broken.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@-G- wrote:

@57 wrote:

There was certainly a gap in testing.  As for the problem itself, when I Inspected the web page with DevTools, there were a ton of errors, mainly resources that failed to load due to too many redirects.  I don't think that it was a software issue or a problem with the coding of the site itself.  It was most likely caused by an issue on the infrastructure side; they might have moved the Rogers Forums to a different server and misconfigured a load balancer, proxy server or something similar in the process.  (Everything may have also tested fine internally.)  As a result, for us, elements on the page failed to load and the site became pretty broken.

One of my queries has been why so many redirects. I presume that's all the activity I see in the bottom left of my screen when accessing the Forum. It seems to be sharing my activity with all sorts of sites. Is Rogers in cahoots with them all to target me with ads? That's a waste of resources because I use an ad blocker.

I haven't seen anything from rogers that didn't use all customers as beta testers.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:

One of my queries has been why so many redirects. I presume that's all the activity I see in the bottom left of my screen when accessing the Forum. It seems to be sharing my activity with all sorts of sites. Is Rogers in cahoots with them all to target me with ads? That's a waste of resources because I use an ad blocker.

I haven't seen anything from rogers that didn't use all customers as beta testers.

A redirect can be used for many different reasons.  I didn't dig too deep into what exactly changed/broke a few days ago.

And yes, the Rogers Community Forums site does use/integrate with Adobe Audience Manager (formerly DemDex), Google Analytics, AddThis, Qualtrics, etc.  I think these are mainly for site analytics, to ensure that customers are able to find information on the Rogers web sites efficiently, surveys, and to unify the Forums with other channels that Rogers uses to interact with their customers.  Any other information sharing with third parties should be disclosed in the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.  Block whatever makes you uncomfortable and that doesn't break the site.