Signing in to the forum

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Signing in to the forum

Hi @OLDYELLR!

I recently experienced a login issue too but was able to resolve them after clearing cookies and cache and logging in from MyRogers. I haven't had any such issues today though.

Would you mind sharing the URL and steps you're taking to login?

If we can reproduce the issue from here, we may be able to find a workaround in the meantime.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Personal opinion, Lithium has once again broken the web site. I run add and IP blocking at my router, and specifically allow selected addresses required by the site. I don't allow all site addresses as called upon by the site. This works, period ..... until Lithium or possibly Rogers staff, change internal web page site addresses or components within the page. At the present time, for me: 1. Firefox and Microsoft Edge logins are broken and don't work. Chrome works, which is rather interesting as it also runs Chrome blocking as well. So, from a login in requirement, assuming that their the same for all browsers, the failure indicates that there are additional web site issues in terms of supporting Firefox and Edge. 2. The menu in the upper right hand corner doesn't appear, so, can't get back in to edit a post. That indicates that a change has occurred in the web page that I'll have to determine. 3. The site software is dumping line returns when a post is completed, so, the end result of a post is one long paragraph instead of multiple paragraphs. I'm sure that I'll find other issues as I look at this, once again .........

Highlighted

Good morning @Datalink!

We've been tracking these issues and have reported them. If you do find anything you think may be pertinent towards finding a solution in your digging, feel free to share so we can update our tickets. 🙂

I was only able to reproduce the formatting issues in an OP. If I reply to my own post, the formatting works. Strange! But we'll get it fixed!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I was able to login OK using Chrome this morning.  I have not encountered any issues myself with logging in, but I don't login as much as I used to.  I only login if I wish to reply - normally I go to my "all posts" bookmark to see recent activity.

There does appear to be something amiss regarding the screen formatting. My avatar at the top right of the web page is not being displayed correctly. It's being shown twice, smaller than usual and with a "broken format" symbol.

Edit - I was able to edit this post, using the link at the top right of the post.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

This is now the the day with this sign-in problem. Firefox didn't work. Chrome didn't work. Now Chrome Incognito worked. Only the moderator's avatar appears correctly, others look small and broken as @57 mentioned. (When I typed @57 the link did not pop up.) @Datalink has some points, although I don't understand them all. It's now Khoros, not Lithium, but this did not happen immediately after the rebranding. Clearing Rogers cookies did nothing for me.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

No link in the top right to get editing for me either.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Khoros, not Lithium, that might explain a few things. Haven't looked at this just yet. Logging out doesn't work either as the menu doesn't come up. The link for "See more ..." to expand a post doesn't work either when you're looking at the whole thread page. All it does is reload the page. Ok, so, if Rogers has switched to Khoros from Lithium that means that all of the old links to the Lithium site are no longer in effect, so, have to drill down into the web page to see where all of the page links point to, grrrrr.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I got annoyed with Chrome Incognito and signed back in using Firefox Private Window. What I wanted to mention is that navigating the board, when clicking items in the menu panel on the right, it does not drop down to sub-menus, but opens up in the main window.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Something broke yesterday. If you "inspect" the web page, you'll see a ton of errors in the DevTools Console.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I have been trying for almost a week to sign in to the forums with no luck. I can sign into MyRogers with no problem but neither using the link at the bottom of the page or trying to sign in via the forums sign in link work. I just get stuck in an endless loop of the page or sent back to the Rogers web page. Just now I decided to try using Safari and finally had some luck. This sign in problem is really becoming extremely frustrating.