Signing in to the forum

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Signing in to the forum

Yesterday and this morning I saw something similar to @57  My bookmark didn't work, getting an error message, I then used the log in link at top right and Community Forums link at the bottom.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I still cannot sign into the forum directly in any way - using the blue link at the top right, using community forums, or using my notifications bookmark don't work.

The only way I've been able to get here is by signing into to MyRogers and clicking my "Internet Use" link...

When logging into MyRogers, I also get the following message, even though my information is there.

Sorry, we’re not able to display your info. We’re working to fix the issue.
Need help? Chat.

Somebody really messed up.  Sure would be nice to have a "wayback" machine.  😉

Edit.  I cleared my cache and Rogers cookies again just now and I'm able to login as before.  Thanks to whomever "fixed" this.  I hope it says fixed.

Edit 2. I left for a while and was again unable to sign in using my notifications bookmark just now (no pop-up, just jelly beans). Using the blue sign-in at the top right of the forum screen did work. Perhaps people are working on it, or perhaps it's simply luck of the draw.  I'll not comment again for a day or so to see how things go.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Again today I got the jellybeans using my notifications bookmark, but was able to sign in anyway using the link at the top right of the page, then clicking Community Forums at the bottom. After visiting the Forum and then closing the window, I deleted Rogers cookies and was able to sign back in normally using my Notifications bookmark. But that didn't last for long because this time I had to go through the same thing again. Right now signing in from the link, then going tom Community Forums at the bottom is less hassle than deleting Rogers cookies, so I'll just keep using my bookmark and taking the extra steps until it's fixed.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Today, before attempting to sign in using my notifications bookmark, I deleted Rogers cookies again and it worked. It still worked a second time without having to delete Rogers cookies again. But apparently that was just temporary because this time after using my bookmark I again had to click the log-in link at the top right and then Community Forums at the bottom. Not yet fixed. Smiley Mad

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Today, before attempting to sign in using my notifications bookmark, I deleted Rogers cookies again and it worked. It still worked a second time without having to delete Rogers cookies again. But apparently that was just temporary because this time after using my bookmark I again had to click the log-in link at the top right and then Community Forums at the bottom. Not yet fixed.  😞

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Agreed.  Not fixed.  Still need to use my convoluted method to get in.  I can't even use the sign in at the top right.

Since it's the weekend, I don't expect anything to change until Monday at the earliest, but wouldn't be surprised if it takes longer. I have no idea why they always have to mess this up.  A simple test would show that whatever changes they implemented need to be rolled back or corrected.  Amateur hour.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Signing in using my notifications bookmark is now working again.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Well. this time I got the jellybeans. had to click my log-in at the top right again, got this again

sorry.jpg

Then had to click Community Forums at the bottom. So it's a couple of extra steps, but I thought you had it fixed.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Nope, not fixed.  I was able to login a couple of times using my notifications bookmark, but I've also had more misses than hits, needing to go to MyRogers, then the forums link.

Similar results to clearing cookies. Works once or twice, then it doesn't.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Seems that the Notifications bookmark works occasionally and doesn't on other occasions.  I believe there is an issue with the various (many different) redirects that are incorporated into the various (many different) ways you can login to the forums (and to MyRogers).

If the forums were a separate entity with it's own login, without being interconnected with MyRogers we wouldn't have all these login/redirect issues.

I'm also not sure why we're getting the "Sorry, we’re not able to display your info. We’re working to fix the issue.
Need help? Chat." error message when we login to MyRogers since the information is there just fine.