As you know, Rogers does not automatically sign you in each time you visit, like other sites and forums. I receive many email notifications when there's a new post in a thread I'm following, but when I click the email link, it takes me to the post as an anonymous visitor and I still have to scroll to the top of the page to sign in. However, when I get an email notification of a private message and click link, I get my sign in screen. Why can't email message notifications work the same way so you don't have to go the extra step of scrolling to the top and signing in?
From my understanding, when you get a notification about a private message, it would require you to sign in by default to view that private message. When you receive a notification about a new post in a thread, you are not required to sign in, in order to view that post. However, if you wish to wish to reply or post, you can always scroll up and sign in to do so. Thanks for the suggestion though .
@RogersHassam yes, that's the logic. However, once someone is receiving email notifications about forum posts, they're a registered user, not just a casual visitor. Automatically prompting them to sign in lets them see which posts are new and other notifications and they can participate.
k got a pm telling me i had a responce to an post here in the fourmus and it took me over 20 minutes and some sneaking around to be able to get it cause i keep getting this error
The link you clicked is requesting an operation that requires authentication, but the authentication failed.
There are five main reasons why this may happen:
1) The link you clicked on was not generated for you, but was intended only for someone else's use to perform an action on their account. If the other person pasted such a link into a message body or you were re-directed to such a link from another link you clicked on, the authentication will fail and you will arrive here instead.
2) The link was valid for you, but your authentication ticket has expired. If this is the case, hit the back button in your browser and refresh the page containing the link. You will then get a fresh ticket and when you click on the link again it will work.
3) Your browser session may have expired. If so, hit the back button in your browser, then refresh the page containing the link you clicked on. You will get a fresh ticket and if you click on the link again it will work.
4) Your browser may be set to not accept session cookies (or the cookie may have been deleted, or you may have been prompted and refused the cookie), in this case you should modify your browser settings to accept session cookies, and/or accept the session cookie if you are prompted, in order to use this site.
5) Your browser arrived at this location from someplace other than this site (an external link or site), or your browser or security software may be set to not send referrer information, in this case you should use the links on this site itself or verify that your browser or security software settings allow sending referrer information, in order to use this site.
i followed the link that i got emailed to me got this error went back signed in and that just looped for ever stopped it then went to bottom clicked on the forum link but i wasnt signed in there so i ended up in a diffrent loop
eventualy i did get in as you can see
never seen this error before so thought i would post it have been in the loop a few times that usally wrks itself out so not to worreid about them
I just experienced the same issue. Exactly as you presented, I got that big block of error messages in the purple box.
After a number of tries, I did finally get through it all, did do all the traditional clear cache, cookies to no avail.
I tried Firefox (my first attempt was on Chrome), and it wouldn't accept my password. Same issue on Edge.
So not sure what is going on, but you are not the only one dealing with this one.
It is not predictable at this time, but fortunately, I had to just keep plugging away with it occassionally looping and doing nothing as you have described.
As with you, I can get through it, but you are not the only one.
KK must be Gremlins :-) at wrk again
this time all is good no probs or error messages
A few hours ago I couldn't login at all. Got a message about maintenance or something similar regarding MyRogers. Maintenance should be done at off-peak hours - say early in the morning. I assume there was another issue not related to maintenance, in which case the redirect should say something other than "maintenance".
Just now when I tried to login I got the message in post 4 of this thread, but I was able to restart my browser and get in on the second try.
I'm guessing there are issues today.
I gave up trying yesterday after getting persistent Maintenance messages. Yes, it's highly unusual to have the whole site down for maintenance during peak hours.
IBF welterweight world Champion Errol Spence Jr. (24-0, 21 KOs) will defend his belt against four-division world champion and current WBC lightweight titlist Mikey Garcia (39-0, 30 KOs), who will move up two weight divisions to go for a world title in a fifth division in a meeting between two of boxing’s elite pound-for-pound best in the world.