Signing in to the forum

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Signing in to the forum

I hope I don't spoil it, but for the past couple of weeks I've been able to sign into my notifications without any additional steps/clicks.  That's a first in many months.

I've also been able to "reply" to a post without logging in, then provide my password after hitting "reply" and be taken to the reply.  (I sometimes forget I'm not logged in when viewing posts)

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Is anyone else having difficulty signing in starting this afternoon?  I have cleared cache and cookies - didn't help.  Also tried FF.  I use Chrome mostly on my Mac Mini.

I tried logging in via my Notifications bookmark, or via the blue login option at the top right of the forum screen - no luck directly. I get the bouncing jelly beans and then I need to click one of my bookmarks to get into the forum and find that then I'm logged in...  At least I can get in.

Perhaps this has come about due to issues with Notifications because they're not working properly.  I'll post that in the Notifications thread.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm still having issues signing in.  Although I can sign in it seems to take a very long time.

When I use my notifications bookmark and enter my password, it takes 60 seconds for the notifications page to come up.  During this minute I see the jumping jelly beans on the MyRogers splash screen.  This is obviously extremely slow.

If I sign in using the blue login at the top right of the forum screen, it can take from 20-60 seconds today.  I don't recall it taking that long yesterday.

I also saw several different error messages (sample below) when trying to post this several minutes ago and had to retry.   I've tried FF and Chrome on my Mac Mini with similar results. Looks like all is not working properly for me today...  In one case I was thrown off the forum completely and had to restart fresh...

Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication.

Edit - even signing out seems to take forever.  Sometimes the forum reacts instantly, other times it takes many seconds. Something appears to be amiss.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

I'm still having issues signing in.  Although I can sign in it seems to take a very long time.

When I use my notifications bookmark and enter my password, it takes 60 seconds for the notifications page to come up.  During this minute I see the jumping jelly beans on the MyRogers splash screen.  This is obviously extremely slow.

I'm getting pretty much the same thing with Firefox. I won't go to another browser except to experiment or in a dire situation where I need to log in to a bank account and it isn't working.  When I click my Notifications bookmark I get the My Rogers screen with the jellybeans, but they're broken, don't even bounce. Whether I click the bookmark again or not makes no difference, it just hangs for a long time with the waiting message at the bottom before the log-in pops up.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thanks @OLDYELLR for confirming that you're also encountering the delays. I'm similar to you in that I use Chrome until I run into issues and then I try FF or Safari for testing, etc.   On this forum website it doesn't seem to make any difference to me. Once things are not working properly, it doesn't matter which browser I use.

I'm still encountering delays, with jumping beans or static beans and recently I encountered the following:

Almost There.png

I hope this gets sorted soon.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

After clicking the email/password popup, it's still taking a long time to sign in, sometimes a minute or more.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Same for me.  I'm surprised that others haven't chimed in on this thread more.  I've tested different ways and they all take a minute or more to sign in.  Everything else is "OK" (although sometimes it takes a bit of time to get to my notifications when clicking on the "bell" when I don't sign in using my notifications bookmark.)    Logging in is the real problem though.  It's not a matter of internet speed as all my other websites work properly.

While waiting for the login to complete, the status at the bottom left of my browser says something like "waiting for communityforums.rogers.com"

Would others please relay their experiences?  Thanks.

Edit - I just logged in using my notifications bookmark and it took 90 seconds from the time I entered my password.

Edit 2 - Using the blue link at the top right took about 50 seconds just now.

Highlighted

Hello @57 and @OLDYELLR,

Thanks so much for bringing this matter to our attention and for providing all of the updates. 👍

We've bubbled this up to the appropriate team for investigation. Hopefully, it is just due to the Black Friday rush but time will tell!

Have a great weekend 🙂

RogersLaura

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I've been able to sign into the forum in various ways (like replying to a post or using the blue sign-in link at the top right of a forum page) and it seems to be working smoothly again.  However, if I use my notifications bookmark, or try to get to my notifications via the "bell" under my avatar that still takes forever.

Looks like what was broken in the notifications hasn't been completely fixed yet. I won't bother posting this in the notifications thread.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Signing in is still slow. I also see "waiting for communityforums.rogers.com" for a minute or more. Now I'm seeing "waiting for cm.g.doubleclick.net".  I've run Malwarebytes and I still get it. Does Rogers partner with cm.g.doubleclick.net?