Signing in to the forum

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Signing in to the forum

Fwiw, I use the following link to access the community forum, and use the sign-in link in the upper right hand corner:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/node-display-id/categ...

@57 are you running any type of blockers on your browsers or a router with IP address blocking running which could block any number of components of the Rogers web pages?  I've run into a similar situation with the edit drop down menu.  I've had to whitelist the domain for that drop down menu.  Without the whitelisting in my router's addblocking, the menu wouldn't show up at all.  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Datalink wrote:

@57 are you running any type of blockers on your browsers or a router with IP address blocking running which could block any number of components of the Rogers web pages?  

Thanks, No, I'm not.  If I clear cookies all the various links work properly once or  twice.  I'm guessing this is how long it takes for the cookies to become "improper" and for the redirects that this forum uses to not work properly any more. 

If I use Incognito mode in Chrome, it works properly, but I have to enter my username each time and open an Incognito window.  I'm also asked for a survey because I'm sensed as a "new" client.  All of the various options I've tried (including your link) require "extra steps", what @OLDYELLR calls the scenic route.

Perhaps your browser clears cookies or stores them differently, etc.  If you look at the length of this thread you'll see that login issues have been an ongoing problem with a new/different issue appearing every few months.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Datalink  Your link works, but it requires extra steps to get to the notifications page. What @57 and I have been doing is bookmarking our notifications page and using that to enter Community Forums. It used to pop up the sign-in, then show Notifications if all new posts in topics we're following. Very quick and easy. Two weeks ago that stopped working, needing signing in using the link in the top right, then a screen with a "sorry" message, then having to scroll down to the bottom to Community Forums. Obviously Rogers has changed something. Every time the forums work fine, they change something and we're back to square one.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:

@Datalink  Your link works,

The thing that I have found is that after I clear cookies, certain links work a couple of times, then stop. 

For example, I can use the Notifications link twice, then it won't work any more.

I can then try the "blue" login link at the top right of a forum page, or a link like @Datalink 's and it'll work a couple of times (without even clearing cookies because it generates a different cookie and uses different redirects). 

After a couple of successes, we're back to square one, as you say and have to use a different (circuitous) "method."  My latest method outlined a few posts up (link below) is not too bad, since it takes about the same number of clicks as before. I was just wondering what others here have encountered...

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Community-Questions-Suggestions/Signing-in-to-the-forum/m-p/44...

I'm a Senior Advisor

A clue might be how Rogers has the same email/password sign-in set up for all services. Due to account privacy concerns, extra security is required. I get that. I also understand that security is constantly being upgraded. Maybe that's what is scuttling any shortcuts we have to forum notifications and we have to go through extra steps. I'm guessing not all forum participants are current Rogers customers. So why not just have a different log-in for people using the forums, not linked to a Rogers account?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Today I went to the "all posts" link (below) and did a reply to a post (without being signed in - I forgot I wasn't signed in because usually I go to my notifications link by signing in). It used to be that when you replied to a post without being signed in, when you clicked "post" you were asked for the appropriate login information and your post would work fine.  It didn't work for me today (or a few days ago)

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/node-display-id/categ...

This afternoon, I also had issues signing in in to my notification in the "scenic route" manner discussed earlier by me and by @OLDYELLR .  Perhaps this was just a minor glitch.  I was able to finally sign in using FF instead of Chrome and I'm now back to Chrome after clearing Rogers cookies and cache.

I'm a Senior Advisor

This is the second time I've signed into CF today. The previous time it seemed that my Notifications bookmark worked, but I wasn't going to mention it until I was certain it wasn't a fluke. This time even the sign-in link at the top right didn't work and even when I thought I was signed in, I wasn't and clicking sign-in link still didn't  work.  After losing the window and deleting Rogers cookies I was able to sign in using my bookmark. Considering Rogers is one of Canada's biggest communications companies, it's absolutely deplorable they can't keep this forum running properly.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @OLDYELLR, @57 and @Datalink

I've got some updates from our Digital Team.  We've determined that most login issues are being caused by not receiving the cookie properly back after the initial login. So when that info is sent during login, but not being received back, login issues arise.

Good news is, our teams are gearing up to meet head to head and iron this out.

I know its been a long time, but we've never stopped working at it.

RogersDarrell

I'm a Senior Advisor

Oddly, my Notifications bookmark worked this time. But there's another problem. See my other post here.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A couple of weeks have passed since our last posts on this topic. Today, I was able to login properly to the forums, using my notifications link, or the blue "login" at the top-right of the forum pages.

I was also able to login to MyRogers without seeing the error message I mentioned previously.

Let's hope this login problem never resurfaces.  Thanks.