Signing in to the forum

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Signing in to the forum

I've been signing in using my "notifications" bookmark, and I do eventually get here, but here's what happens.

After clicking the bookmark, I get a Rogers page (similar to the MyRogers sign in page), but with jumping jelly beans. The beans never stop, but I can click my e-mail address at the top right of the red bar and this then gives me the sign-in popup.  After I enter my password:

- Sometimes I'm taken to my PAYGo MyRogers Page.

- Sometimes I'm taken to my Cable/Internet/Home Phone MyRogers Page.

- Sometimes I'm taken to the Forum Main Page (signed in because I can see my icon at the top right).

- Sometimes I'm taken to my Notifications, signed in.

- Sometimes I'm taken to the pop-up where I chose between PayGo and Cable accounts.

If I don't get redirected to the forum properly, I must select the "community forums" link on the MyRogers landing page.  When I click on that:

- Sometimes I'm taken to my Notifications, signed in

- Sometimes I'm taken to the Forum Main page signed in.

At least I can now get to the forum reliably, but why is this so convoluted?  Someone really messed up when they made changes to the forum recently.  I just tried deleting cookies again and it works properly once or twice, but on the second or third try, I'm back to the convoluted login experience described above.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Still the same problem here. I still use my Notifications bookmark, but have to take the "scenic route".  I even checked the URL when I finally get to my notifications and it's identical to my saved bookmark. Smiley Mad

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I just tried using the blue "sign-in/register" link on any forum page and that now works for me. I tried it a few times.  (It didn't work for me a few days ago).  It means an extra step getting to my notifications, but it's better than the "scenic route". Smiley Wink

I may try bookmarking a forum page (say the main page) instead of my notifications, since the notifications has been taking an extra step for a while anyway.

When signing in from the Community Forums main page (or any other page in the forums using the blue "sign-in/register" link), I get a brief "splash screen" of my PAYGo account, but then it redirects to the forum with me signed in. I can then click on my icon at the top right to take me to my notifications.

I'm a Senior Advisor

In also have a bookmark for my PayGo balance. It was working when this forum sign-in problem began, all I needed to do was use the dropdown in the Account Information box from my cable account to my cell number. Now that isn't working either and had to go around in circles to get there.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Notifications bookmark worked this time. Maybe it's fixed. We'll see.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sometimes it may work. I tried bookmarking a forum page (the main one) and it worked a few times, but after a couple of successes, I'm back to the "scenic route"

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes. Didn't work this time. Smiley Sad

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

So far, anything I've tried has worked briefly (a couple of times say) and then reverts to not working properly.  I have found the following method requires the fewest clicks:

1. Click your notifications bookmark.

2. When you get the bouncing jelly beans page click your e-mail address (or username) at the top right of the red band on that screen to login.

3. Enter your Password in the ensuing pop-up and you will be taken to "MyRogers" (in my case my PayGo account).

4. Click your notifications bookmark again and you should be taken to the notifications page.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It's been a couple of weeks since the latest login issues started after Rogers made changes to the forum. 

1. Are other people still having issues signing directly into the forum?  (I cannot use the blue sign-in link at the top right of any forum page)  I've tried FF and chrome on my Mac Mini.  I've also tried clearing my Rogers cookies and that works once or twice, but then stops working after 1-2 times.

2. The only way I can sign in is by signing into MyRogers and then using a link to the community forums - such as my notification bookmark, or the community forums hyperlink near the bottom of the MyRogers page once I'm in MyRogers.

3. I'm also still seeing an error message as follows when logged into MyRogers, even though the MyRogers information appears to be fine:  This is a separate issue that started at the same time.

Sorry, we’re not able to display your info. We’re working to fix the issue.
Need help? 

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, still the same old same old dysfunctional sign-in.  Rather a long time with no feedback from Rogers.  Anyone else following here having the same problem, please chime in.