Signing in to the forum

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Signing in to the forum

The past couple of days signing in has been no problem. I sign in to MyRogers (no Captcha) click the Community link at the bottom of the page and arrive at the Community forum and am automatically signed in there.

As Great as that is I have little faith that the problems are over and will not return in a day or two. At least that has been my experience for the past few months.

I spoke too soon. Shortly after the above post the site automatically signed me out. One difference was that this time I could sign back in. That iya an improvement .
I'm a Senior Advisor

I wasn't going to comment on the various hoops to jump through to sign in until it had reverted to the simple one step that worked for me before, clicking my Notifications bookmark, then clicking the Sign In popup. It seems to change from day to day. But the last couple of days have been different again. Clicking my bookmark gets me a Rogers promotional page for the iPhone or Ignite TV, no popup, then clicking my bookmark again I get the Sign In popup, which takes me to my Notifications. Perhaps that's the intent and how it's going to stay, one extra step to get the ads in, which would otherwise be greyed out when the popup appears.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR : I too was going to wait until things were working properly again to comment, however, like you I use my notifications bookmark and it takes me to the Rogers Home Page (where you see the ads you mentioned - URL below).

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/home

I also then have to click my Notifications bookmark again to get the sign-in pop-up where I then get taken to my notifications (most times). Sometimes I have to solve a Captcha, but for the past few days that's been rare. What a relief it is not to get the captcha every time any more... (one positive point)

The odd thing is, that if I click the "sign-in" option (in blue at the top right of the screen, instead of using my notifications bookmark, I'm taken directly to the sign-in pop-up, but then I have go get past the "accounts pop-ups" with my two account selections. To get past this "roadblock" I click Notifications again.

If I'm not logged in, and click reply (to a post), I'm also taken to my "two accounts popups" after signing in, instead of to the reply box where I should be able to reply, but can't without finding the post I wish to reply to again.

This morning I had a PM e-mail notice, so I clicked on the link and signed in, but rather than being taken to that PM, I was taken to some sort of "settings" page instead of directly to the PM.

So, depending on the method used to attempt to sign into the forum, all kinds of different things happen and none of them take you to the proper page.  What a messFive weeks and counting...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When I try to use my Notifications bookmark, I'm directed to the following URL instead and I don't get the login popup (with the lithium URL.

I'm wondering if part of the issue is that there is another "Quick Links" "pop-up" or "dropdown" that now appears at the top right of the screen of the above URL?

PS. That may or may not lead to the problem. I closed the quick link dropdown and I didn't get the quick link the next time I tried to login, but I was still directed to the "home" URL (above).  If you don't get this "Quick Link" on your screen, I'll try to remember to take a screenshot the next time I see it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here's a screenshot of the "Quick LInks".

QL.png

I tried clearing my cookies and cache and although it worked properly the first time I logged in, after a few more logins I encountered all the options outlined in post 354 of this thread... Smiley Sad

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I just encountered something brand new. I was logged out of the forum and I saw a post to which I wished to reply. I clicked "Reply" and was immediately taken to the "Reply to Message" box. I did the reply (forgetting that I was logged out) and clicked "post".  Instead of going to that post I was taken to the Rogers home page.

I thought I had "lost" what I had posted, however, after I signed in, I found the thread and my post was there.

I logged out and tried it again on another post.  Again I was taken directly to the "Reply to Message" box without being logged in.  I typed the message (and copied it's contents in case).  After I hit "post", I was confronted with the login pop-up.  I logged in and my post was there. This is "backwards" from what usually happens in that you have to log-in before you can post.  I have no idea what's happening today...

I just wish I could stay signed in to the forums for more than a couple of minutes or at least sign in again after the site automatically signs me out.

I'm going to try your little trick an see if I can get signed in again.

Smiley Surprised  That worked. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

I've never had trouble staying signed in. just sometimes it takes an extra step or two. But what I've found lately is that sometimes when I click my bookmark it takes me straight to my notifications because I'm still signed in from my previous earlier session. I should note that I never sign out, just close the tab or window. Not complaining, just noting another new inconsistency. Most of you have seen the sign-in popup that says you have been logged out after 30 minutes of inactivity, but even that's inconsistent because usually I have to sign in again if I come back just moments after leaving.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@CommunityHelps : The issue of being able to reply to a post without being logged in needs to be fixed.  I just spent some time replying to a post not realizing that I was logged out.  This time the post didn't "go through" and I wasn't offered the option to "login" when I clicked "post".  My time was wasted.

One should not be able to compose a reply if you're not logged in.