Signing in to the forum

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Signing in to the forum

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Yes, it still must be a work in progress. Job security for Rogers web developers. This time it was back to how it was yesterday, having to choose between my accounts.

Its just the reality of Rogers . It has been for quite some time ....  it seems to be  the Rogers measure of the dedication of their customers . How much will people tolerate and keep coming back for more ? Smiley LOL

I always found it interesting how there were all kinds of things to try  that might fix the issue  ....just coming back a couple days later has always worked best for me ... if it doesn't, I be going someplace else because this seems to be the only company I deal with where this keeps happening  time after time . It seems  comical after a while to see those  scrambling for fixes all the time.  Smiley Wink

I'm a Senior Advisor

Signing in this time using my Notifications bookmark worked perfectly. I'm not going to worry or comment on it anymore so long as I can still sign in.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Community Manager
Community Manager

@57 and @OLDYELLR

Thank you for keeping this thread updated with your experiences. The MyRogers team loves your feedback!

I can confirm that in the early morning hours this Sunday, and into the late morning MyRogers was going through some updates, thus the 'Maintenance' message you saw.

Please keep us informed if and when you're login experience changes. I know the MyRogers team is still working on making it a better and easier process, but just like all things its all still a work in progress.

RogersDarrell

I'm a Senior Advisor

This time was different again.  Clicked bookmark, the screen dimmed, log-in popup, I was at my cable account page, clicked bookmark again, Notifications screen appears.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This morning I had to click one of my accounts again and then my notifications bookmark.  I've had to do this for several days now.  After logging out I deleted all Rogers cookies and my cache.  After that I was taken directly to my notifications after logging in.  I guess something gets corrupted in the cookies every once in a while when Rogers makes a change...

I'm a Senior Advisor

When I signed in with my bookmark just now, it went to My Rogers page, as usual, but the sign-in pop-up just hung there with the arrow going round and round. So I clicked  the 'x' and then my bookmark again. This time it didn't hang as long and went straight to Notifications. Non't know what to make of it, or if aborting the sign-in and trying again made a difference. The things they are still a'changing.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When I signed in just now, I had to select one of my accounts again instead of it going directly to my notifications.  Looks like deleting cookies and cache only gave me a temporary reprieve. 😞

I'm a Senior Advisor

@57I used to delete cookies in Firefox all the time whenever I had trouble here, but that was an earlier FF version where I could just delete all 'rogers' cookies, or those for other sites. With the newer versions now I don't have that option that I can see and I have clear all data, affecting all sites I visit, so I haven't been doing it except in dire circumstances.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR : There should be an option under FF - Preferences - Privacy - Cookies - Manage Data to search for "rogers" cookies and delete those only, not all of them.  The headings may be different because I'm on a Mac, but you get the idea...

I'm a Senior Advisor

This time I deleted my Rogers cookies before signing in using my Notifications bookmark. I got the My Rogers page for my cable account without having to choose which account. I then clicked my Notifications bookmark again and got Notifications.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats