Signing in to the forum

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Signing in to the forum

Just as an FYI, my notifications bookmark works just fine.  Both using Chrome at home on my Mac Mini and even using FF when travelling using my MacBook Pro.  I haven't seen a Captcha in quite a while (knock wood).

I'm a Senior Advisor

Well, it's consistent now. Using my Notifications bookmark and signing in makes me choose an account and takes me to that page, after which I have to click the bookmark again to get Notifications. Two extra steps.  This is using Firefox on Windows 7.  @CommunityHelps has Rogers finished with the changes?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Well, it's consistent now. Using my Notifications bookmark and signing in makes me choose an account...

This happened to me once yesterday. I've been signing in a few times a day and have only encountered it the once so I thought it was just a glitch.  (FF on MB Pro).  It would be really annoying to have it happen all the time...

Edit.  I just tried signing in again and it happened to me again. I hope this glitch gets fixed.  (FF on MB Pro)

I'm a Senior Advisor

This time I signed in with Chrome.  Google plus a lot of steps because I seldom use Chrome, but I've now bookmarked Notifications and will try Chrome the next few times and report how that works. But even if Chrome works better, I'm not likely to switch browsers just for one site.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I just signed in using my Notifications bookmark in Chrome.  First click just gave me some generic Rogers page. Clicking the bookmark again gave me the login popup and took me to Notifications.  A little quicker than Firefox I suppose, but still needs work.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR : What is the download speed of your internet?  I find that if I'm on a slow connection, the login popup takes some time to appear after the main Rogers page (which comes up even when using the notifications bookmark), which then becomes "dark" before the sign-in popup.  Perhaps if the connection is not fast enough, these sorts of things happen more since the website is expecting certain things, or the website is not responding as fast as we would like...

The forum login when using a bookmark is so strange because when you're on a slow connection you can see all the intermediary pages that you go through before getting to the actual notifications page.  If you're on a very fast connection this is almost unnoticeable...

I'm a Senior Advisor

@57I have 50/10 VDSL and my download speed can vary from 10 to near 50 Mbps, mostly 20-40, depending on how many people are on the WiFi. I've had this connection since last September, before which I had 10/1 ADSL. I sometimes did wonder if a slow connection may affect the log-in process.  Like you, when I clicked my notifications bookmark, I got a generic Rogers page, which dimmed and the log-in popup appeared. Signing in took me to Notifications. This changed a about a week ago, as I've described. Then, today, it was different again. Windows 7, Firefox, I click Notifications, get generic Rogers page (with something about service interruption in Richmond Hill) , click bookmark again and screen dims and get log-in pop-up. This time I don't have to choose which account and it goes straight to Notifications. So it's still changing, unless using Chrome yesterday made a difference.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This morning I couldn't login at all.  I got the following notice with jumping beans and it refreshed every few seconds never getting me anywhere.  I tried a couple of different browsers with the same result.  I went away for a few hours.

Login.png

Just now I logged in, but got all kinds of strange, not-applicable pages before the dimmed out page with the login popup.  After filling in the login information (password) I had to select an account and was eventually taken to the notifications page after another few weird not-applicable Rogers pages.  I guess something went amiss a couple of days ago...

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, it still must be a work in progress. Job security for Rogers web developers. This time it was back to how it was yesterday, having to choose between my accounts.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I never understood why, when logging into the forum, you see all the other "MyRogers" webpages.  Why not simply keep the forum and "MyRogers" totally separate?  Having to click on one of my accounts, being taken to MyRogers landing page and then having to invoke the notifications bookmark again is just silly.

It's the same sort of silliness that I  (and others) see when I'm actually in MyRogers and click on Internet usage and I'm taken to the forum, even though I've signed out of the forum. I have to click the back button, then click Internet Usage again to see my Internet Usage.  This would be totally avoidable if the forum were separate from MyRogers.