Signing in to the forum

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersRoland
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Signing in to the forum

Hey @arnym21,

As @RogersMoin mentioned previously, you need to adjust your settings if you do not wish to receive notifications. 

Currently you have:

General

Notify me when I post, reply, submit a review, or comment: ON

Automatically subscribe me to all topics or reviews I participate in: ON

Notify me of:

New replies post to content I subscribe to: ON

Responses to other replies I subscribe to: ON

Hope this proves useful to you. If you are experiencing issues modifying the changes personally, feel free to send a PM to @CommunityHelps and our team can take a further look.

RogersRoland

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@arnym21 wrote:

Did you edit this post, and how many times? If not, why I got 2 emails about it with the time interval showing it was edited or processed by different server streams simultaneously (see pics above)?

I edited that post once.  As discussed here and under the notifications thread (link below), each time someone edits a post, you'll get a notification if you're set up for notifications.  You can turn off notifications as mentioned previously above.  Really, this discussion should be in the following thread since this thread is about signing into the forum:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Community-Questions-Suggestions/Notifications/td-p/351082/page/...

arnym21
I Plan to Stick Around

RogersRoland wrote: 

Hope this proves useful to you.

His and your reply do not mention Post Edit notifications, and appear to be attempts to change the subject matter. I never said "I don't want to be notified about New Posts in subscribed threads". Pls explain, why I got 2 Post Edit notifications, as shown in this post?

Now, speaking of the forum Settings list, it was changed recently after complains to Rogers OP. Before that, there were separate settings for Post Edit notifications, and those were divided into categories depending on how significant the Post Edit was. Now all Post Edit options are entirely removed from Settings. This means, if a community member wants to get New Post notifications, they are forced to also receive all Post Edit notifications. May be some Rogers staff bonuses depend on increased community engagement? And the simplest way to guarantee that is spamming forum members with Post Edit Notices, because statistically there are 2-3 post edits following each new post. Now, I just want to repeat for clarity:

- most forum members want to be notified when a New Post appears in threads they subscribe to;

- most forum members do NOT want to be notified when existing posts are edited.

You need to bring back those Post Edit options recently removed from Settings, and allow forum members opt out of Post Edits, while keeping New Post notices. Grim reality is, CRTC complain will be filed shortly for Antispam Law violations, if Rogers portal keeps emailing Post Edit Notifications, while masking them now as New Posts. As you may know, CRTC fined several companies for $1mln+ each for AntiSpam law violations in recent years.

This thread started from the request to stop Post Edit Notifications. However, I don't mind if you separate this discussion to the above linked thread. Important thing is, it will no longer be left unattended, until the spam matter is in fact resolved.

PostEdit3.jpg

PostEdit4.jpg
RogersRoland
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

In regards to the Post Edit Notifications, we are still working with Lithium to get this resolved or get some sort of resolution. We can relate to the issue because, we are users also 🙂

@arnym21 the setting you described was removed by Lithium because it was meant just for the Knowledge Base Articles. Our team is currently trying to see if they can implement an option to disable for edits, or in my personal case, a straight removal of the notification itself.

I'll keep everyone posted if there is any sort of updates.  Going forward, if anything is related to those emails, lets keep the discussion limited to the other dedicated thread: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Community-Questions-Suggestions/Notifications/td-p/351082/page/... 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@arnym21 wrote:

1. You need to bring back those Post Edit options recently removed from Settings, 

2. This thread started from the request to stop Post Edit Notifications. 

1. I don't ever recall there being an option to opt out of notifications for edits of a post.  For as long as I've been on the forum, notifications have been sent for posts and edits of that post as discussed in the "notifications" thread to which I linked earlier.  Each time someone edits their post, if you're "subscribed" to that thread, you'll get a notification.

2. No it was not. This thread is about signing into the forum (re-read post 1 and most subsequent posts) and you have sidetracked it by discussing notifications.  The title of this thread is "Signing in to the forum".

arnym21
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersRoland wrote:

In regards to the Post Edit Notifications, we are still working with Lithium to get this resolved or get some sort of resolution. We can relate to the issue because, we are users also 🙂

The setting you described was removed by Lithium because it was meant just for the Knowledge Base Articles.

I appreciate your stated intent to resolve the issue. Just got reply from Rogers OP, they are escalating this issue to Rogers Advisory Panel with all my pictures amended, including previous and current Settings options list proving the Post Edit settings were removed recently from the options list. Hope, you guys will fix it soon so they don't have to make personnel adjustments to stop members harassment by this Post Edit emails spam. I personally appreciate your friendly attitude, pls keep pushing this with Lithium. Indeed, its better to continue in the dedicated thread. Smiley Wink

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersRoland wrote:

Hey @57,

Can you let send me a PM with your friend's username? I will take a look into the account and see what is up.

RogersRoland

Just as an FYI,

1. I have sent this information to "Community Helps" via PM.

2. I later got a PM from RogersPrasana asking for the same information - I sent it again.

3. Later still, I got another PM from RogersMaude for the same information and to ask my friend to get in touch with Community Helps, which he has done 3 times already - the last time was last night to RogersCilio.

Don't you people co-ordinate efforts?   This has wasted a lot of your time and my time due to duplication, triplication, quadruple-cation of effort.

RogersRoland
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @57,

We haven't received any messages from your friend. We've done a thorough search and there have been no records of receiving any messages recently.  However, that being said, we've gone ahead and sent them a PM from the @CommunityHelps account. We can assist him going forward.

We sent the message at 6:51pm ET.

RogersRoland

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersRoland :  Thanks. I'll tell my friend to look for it. Sorry for the brief off-topic discussion here.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For the past 24 hours, I have had difficulty signing into the forum.

1. I often got no sign-in popup at all.

2. When I did get a sign-in popup I often got "we have an issue at our end, try later".

3. I also occasionally got "maintenance is going on" or something to that effect.

I realize that there is currently a promotional offer for cellphone data going on, however, that should not affect those people who are trying to do something else not related to that offer.  The promotion should be handled via a separate sign-in - which can be handled by a web redirect to another server (or some other means) which leaves the resources for the rest of us available. I don't know why all Rogers customers should be inconvenienced when there is a promotion for one item