Signing in to the forum

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Signing in to the forum

I continue to have this on again, off again in this purple message and ability to get to the forum.

Today, I found that I had to use an old password to log into the forum, but not the current password for the MyRogers login in my account I use exclusively for the forum now.

Go figure - beyond my comprehension - I went three days with no issues, and tonight, I struggled around on three different browsers - Edge, Chrome, Firefox and got nowhere, then decided to use an old password from almost a year ago that failed at one point and we changed to a new one, and low and behold, it worked - old password working when it has been changed a year ago.

Got me, but I did get it in, but I never know what it is going to take in any predictable manner right now.

Bruce

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

After going a week without issues, I just got the "Authentication Failed" purple screen just now.  Quitting FF for a minute and restarting the browser again got me in.

Edit - In addition, when I was posting (see link below), I got a very brief message on the screen saying something like "This action could not be completed".  The post posted just fine. Interestingly, the box that contained the message was the same purple/brown colour as the "Authentication Failed" notice.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/MyRogers/Rogers-survey-turned-out-to-be-a-scam/m-p/404907#M3484

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This morning I signed into MyRogers to view my bill. When I was finished downloading the bill, before logging off, I clicked on "Community Forums" at the bottom of the page and again got the "Authentication Failed" purplish-brown page.

I usually recommend that people only login to one Rogers website (MyRogers, Forum, AnyPlace, etc) at a time because Rogers' websites seems to be more "flakey" than anything else I ever visit.  Most other businesses, like a bank,  would go out of business if it had a website that "failed" a customers this often.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Smiley Surprised   It worked first try today.

Yesterday it was again impossible for me to log into the forums.  I tried all the little tricks I could think of.  Restarting the browser, logging into just one Rogers site, using my laptop or using my iPad.  Nothing,  except the Authentication Failed message.

Every attempt to access the Community Forums is an adventure. Smiley Happy

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I tried again later in the day and again ran into the message of doom.

Just now... first try. As this problem is dragging on and becoming more frequent, I do hope that someone is looking into a fix.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Happened to me again this morning. Quit/restarted browser and it's fine again.  This is a pain.

This happened to me while I was trying to post regarding "manage PVR" being MIA this morning.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Signing in fine for me this morning, but quite slow. Checked my connection speed and it's normal.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm Here A Lot

Just tried to logon to Rogers using Internet Explorer and got a "This site is not secure" message. Followed by "This means someone is trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server..."  Apparently the website's security differs from the actual website. 

Just a head's up.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I got "authentication failed" again this morning.  I seem to be encountering it more and more lately.  It probably happens to me roughly 30-50% of the time.

I exit/restart my browser and don't encounter it the next time, so it's a transient glitch...

I'm using FireFox on my Mac Mini, but I've also encountered it on Safari on my MacBook Pro,, so it seems to be browser/computer-agnostic.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It did it again this afternoon when I tried to "reply to a post".  I usually don't "sign-in", I usually sign in as part of the "reply" process.

Exit/relaunch the browser worked again.  It's a pain though.