Signing in to the forum

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Signing in to the forum

I can be added in the group that has seen this message more frequently as of late.  I can typically get it past by going over to MyRogers and logging in again.

Something buggy going on, hope someone cleans it us soon.  don't think we can accept the typical response we sometimes get where issues of cache, browser choice, etc, as all these typical trouble shooting steps have been tried and it is happening on a range of browsers.

Ahh first word problems.

Bruce

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I was getting that message the last couple of days, but was able to sign in after deleting all Rogers cookies. That's always the first thing I try. No trouble signing in today.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

Ah the pleasures of systems creating cookies and cache history that doesn't set login history as temporary and completely delete it from both places, and from memory too at the end of the session if you have kept your browser open.

If this all is truly coming from latent information that should be removed at the end of the session, just plain poor programming and kind of a basic principle for secure logins - nothing should be left present on a secure login in your browser cookies or cache.  All security tokens and secure information is to be completely deleted and new ones created during the next session.

The fact that we often can switch from one browser to another, and get it to work suggests that the certificate and security tokens are not being fully cleared on a crash, or as we move from session to session.

Just an assumption - could be totally out in left field, but certainly sounds a lot like poor browser security management.

And as for the message, under maintenance - that message as discussed should be preplanned for, or put up when urgen crisis maintenance arises.  It sounds more like given the frequency, that the message should be site unavailable at this time, or unable to complete connection, please try later. etc.

When it is maintenance, plan for it, provide notice at the top of the page (ever notice maintenance notices in advance with our bank sites) and when they do go down, you will see a message usually saying that we are having technical difficulties, and they provide the alternatives such as phone in, bank machine, etc.

The message reflects what is going on.

I can't believe that Rogers does spontaneous unplanned maintenance this much.

Not a new complaint about how Rogers approaches web management to its customers.  Wonder if their staff have to put up with the same level of unpredictability.  I suspect so, I have often had CSR's talk about their computers or services being slow or down.

About the only benefit is that by going low end on this level, theoretically, they can keep our prices down, or keep profits up or both, but we pay for it through our time and I wonder how much call in time it costs them to deal with these.

For many of us, it makes for interesting enertainment and discussion here on the forum though.

Mine has been ok since yesterday (knock on wood) Smiley Happy

I actually have a bit of a unique problem that I have to work around that creates this sign in problem at times.

I use a gmail account for my login for MyRogers, but my old Rogers/yahoo email address for the login to the forum, so I have to be very deliberate to log out of myrogers when using my gmail user name, and being very careful to remember to use the correct one.

Mine is this way because I decided to stop using Rogers email for anything, but I didn't want to lose all my past activity as BS under the old Rogers email address.

This is what also suggests to me that when I get this problem that the browser is not clearing login and security information properly all the time.

But I will also say, it has been more frequent as of late and certainly has been reported more frequently as of late, but that may also just be that now that it is on people's radar, we are reporting it more.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

Same again today. Deleting Rogers cookies got me in.

Authentification failed.jpg

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm not sure that cookies have anything to do with it. I've never cleared my cookies.  I believe it may just be "bad timing", perhaps when a server is busy.

By the time you've cleared your cookies, or switched browsers, or exited/re-entered a browser, the issue may have cleared.

Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Hey Community,

We are currently investigating this issue and apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused. Unfortunately due to the nature of the issue, we have not been able to replicate it ourselves. I'd like to ask the Community for any sort of additional information you can provide to help us troubleshoot this.

What browsers/versions are you using?

When does this occur? Is there a specific trend, etc

In the interim, a few of our members have said, deleting cookies seems to be a fix.

RogersRoland

I'm a Trusted Contributor

When I tried to access the forum on Friday (29 Sept) I again faced the authentication message. Nothing I tried helped. Just now I had no problem and could access the forum on my first try.

Browser: IE 11
Trend: Sporadic, but frequent enough to say it is no longer an inconvenience but now becoming a problem.
I'm a Senior Advisor

When I tried to log in just now, I logged in using my username password combination (it opened my access to MyRogers (in my case I have no accounted linked, because my email address original Yahoo/Rogers one is not associatied with my account, only MyRogers).

I always log into the forum this way, never had issues until this purple page started coming.

I tried 3 times, then then next time, I logged into the Myrogers interface, I logged out.

I tried a 4th time, and this time, I got into the forum.

As @jays77,  says so well

"Trend: Sporadic, but frequent enough to say it is no longer an inconvenience but now becoming a problem."

I am using Chrome Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)  Windows 10 creators version professional version.

September 30, 2017 3:32 a.m.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have also not seen a pattern.  It doesn't appear to be linked to peak times based on my posts and @BS ' latest post.

FF55.0.3, Mac Mini, iOS10.10.5, but also on my MacBook Pro when I was travelling for the past 2 weeks.  I doubt it's related to any specific browser or OS.  It's just a sporadic problem that has become too frequent lately.

I'm a Senior Advisor

As with others, I see no consistent pattern - I have been playing with browsers just for debugging and troubleshooting, and no pattern there either.

No issues so far today.

Bruce