cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New interface for the Community.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I just signed in and and the interface has completely changed. Prettier, but less useful and difficult to navigate. What happened to the navigation panel on the right? How can I revert to the old interface?

*** Edited Labels/Title *** 

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
146 REPLIES 146

Re: New interface for the Community.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

After not posting for a couple of weeks, I thought I'd provide an update. This is using Chrome on my Mac Mini.

1. If I delete Rogers cookies and clear the cache, I can login to the forum "normally", but only once. 

2. If I sign out and then try to sign in normally, I usually cannot. It doesn't make any difference if I've only signed out 5 minutes ago or earlier on the day, or yesterday.  This indicates a cookies/cache issue remains (see 3 below).

3. Since I cannot sign in "normally" without deleting cookies/cache, I usually sign in using Incognito and this usually works.  

4. Other people have reported over on Digital Home that they cannot sign in either. (not sure if they've bothered with all the workarounds listed.)

5. Not sure what others are experiencing recently.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@57 wrote:

2. If I sign out and then try to sign in normally, I usually cannot. It doesn't make any difference if I've only signed out 5 minutes ago or earlier on the day, or yesterday.  This indicates a cookies/cache issue remains (see 3 below).

3. Since I cannot sign in "normally" without deleting cookies/cache, I usually sign in using Incognito and this usually works.  

I have never signed out. Usually if I return very soon after, I'm still signed in, but later, I have to sign again, which is why I never bother to sign out.  This time, after reading your post, I signed out and when I tried signing in again with my trick of using my PayGo Balance bookmark twice, then my Forums Notifications bookmark, it did not work. I had to delete Rogers data before I could sign in again.

jays77
I'm a trusted contributor

Same old problems here.  I signed in using using Chrome Incognito with no problem.  I had first tried Edge InPrivate and though yesterday that worked it did not today.  Signing is is very hit and miss. What works on day doesn't the next day.  Some days nothing works.  🙄

jays77

🤣New week.  Time for a new browser.  Last week I could only sign into the forums using Chrome Incognito.  Now I can only sign in with Edge InPrivate.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I tried every trick in the book to sign in to the forum today.

- Chrome regular, incognito, cache and cookies cleared, etc. - no go

- FF private - no go

- Safari - no go.

Finally I signed into MyRogers (like @OLDYELLR mentioned) and opened a window with a forum bookmark. That got me here.

Rogers: you are not making any friends with these constant problems with the forum and the Canada-wide outage yesterday.

jays77

I haven’t tried signing in on my computer since the outage but today I tried using my iPad and can sign in with no problem.  I’ll try later on my laptop but I don’t have any real expectations that the sign in there will be very successful without using a bunch of workarounds. 

jays77

Well this is different.  I tried using Chrome and Chrome Incognito and no luck.  in fact using Incognito I just got a blank page.

I can sing in with Edge InPrivate but if I want to post I have to sign in a second time,  Guess I'll just stick with the iPad until it too conks out. 

I really wish that Rogers or whoever services this forum would try to solve the problem that everyone seems to be encountering.  Better still would be to go back to the old Community Forum format.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Today (Sunday) was the first time I was able to sign in after Friday's Rogers outage.  Since the only Rogers service I use is a PayGo phone, which I turn on and take with me when I leave the house, the weekend was much like any other.  No stress or drama.

jays77

I wasn’t overly inconvenient either.  I’m one of those stubborn old school people.  I have a wired landline, cable TV and no cell phone, (I keep saying I’ll get one) and mostly use cash, so it was just the lack of internet that messed with me.  

And I like it that way.😀

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@jays77 wrote:

I wasn’t overly inconvenient either.  I’m one of those stubborn old school people.  I have a wired landline, cable TV and no cell phone, (I keep saying I’ll get one) and mostly use cash, so it was just the lack of internet that messed with me.  

And I like it that way.😀

Your problem is Rogers Internet. I have an independent ISP and had no problems during the Rogers outage, other that my Rogers PayGo phone didn't work when I turned it on and left the house, no big deal.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-rogers-ceo-says-company-to-make-every-change-and-inve...

Rogers is now saying they will compensate customers for 5 days. Whoop-de-doo! You can bet access to Community Forums will be last on their list. I still have to use a private window and a couple of other tricks to sign in.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I've seen a weird sign-in page when trying to login to this forum a couple of times in the past week - see screenshot below.  This is instead of the usual pop-up, but it still works.

I still need to clear Rogers cookies and cache every couple of days to sign into the forum - even when using incognito (Chrome on my Mac Mini), but at least I can login then and I'm so used to doing it that it only takes a few seconds.

The fallback is to use @OLDYELLR 's method of logging into MyRogers and then opening a new tab for the forum, which usually also works.

Weird Sign InWeird Sign In

jays77

I haven't  come across that.  You must be special.😉

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

To me that looks like the standard rogers community forums login page, but it looks like one or more of the web elements has not loaded correctly causing it to display like that.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I still have problems signing into the forums directly from time to time.  Doesn't seem to be related to cache/cookies/other stored data; fails with multiple browsers, all of which have all private data cleared.  However, signing into the Forums is much more reliable for me when I sign into MyRogers first.

One other recent issue: My notification icon ALWAYS shows that I have 25 new notifications.  Anyone else?  Is there any way to mark all notifications read?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@-G- wrote:

My notification icon ALWAYS shows that I have 25 new notifications.  Anyone else?  

As soon as I click on the notifications bell, the red number goes away for me.  Perhaps this is also related to cookies/cache somehow? Have you cleared rogers cookies and cache and exited that browser?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

@-G- wrote:

My notification icon ALWAYS shows that I have 25 new notifications.  Anyone else?  

As soon as I click on the notifications bell, the red number goes away for me.

Yes, but then when I open https://communityforums.rogers.com/ in a new tab, the Notifications icon has a red badge showing 25 unseen notifications.

Perhaps this is also related to cookies/cache somehow? Have you cleared rogers cookies and cache and exited that browser?

Yes.  See my last post. This also replicates with all browsers that I have installed on my system.  If nobody else sees this, then something must be b0rked with the notification state data for my account that is stored in the back-end.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@-G- wrote:

@57 wrote:

@-G- wrote:

As soon as I click on the notifications bell, the red number goes away for me.

Yes, but then when I open https://communityforums.rogers.com/ in a new tab, the Notifications icon has a red badge showing 25 unseen notifications.

Perhaps this is also related to cookies/cache somehow? Have you cleared rogers cookies and cache and exited that browser?

Yes.  See my last post. This also replicates with all browsers that I have installed on my system.  If nobody else sees this, then something must be b0rked with the notification state data for my account that is stored in the back-end.

I see the same, but I have Notifications bookmarked and that's always correct. Just another "feature". 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@-G- wrote:

Now that is weird. The first time I clicked on your link I got a red 1 since there was one notification there for me.  After I read that notification and clicked again, I got your red 25.  I'm guessing when there are no notifications, you get the 25?

When I click on my notifications bookmark, I don't see any red number because I just clicked on the notifications:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/notificationfeed/page

I mostly use the "recent posts" bookmark and don't see a red 25 there.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/node-display-id/categ...

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am also seeing the 25 notifications glitch as well,  I just ignore it for now and hope they will fix it some day

RogersYan
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Pauly @OLDYELLR @57 @-G- 

There's a known bug with the notification icon, in which it keeps showing the max amount of notifications you have (up to 25). Our platform vendor (Khoros) is aware and they're working on it! Hoping for a fix soon.

jays77

Mine has been showing 22 notification for about a week now.  Today it was down to 20.

When I click the bell they go away but return the next time I sign in.

Topic Stats
  • 146 replies
  • 56 Likes
  • 15 in conversation