Just Curious about board message flow .

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Just Curious about board message flow .

The last few days I've seen several more threads that have been "moved to the top" because of some recent edits or other factors, yet the most recent posts are months or years old. Not quite sure why this happens. An edit should not bring a thread "to the top". Here's but one example:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Ignite-150U-Best-Modem/m-p/424941#M53071

Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Hey @57,

Our team routinely performs some housecleaning on other threads and such.  For that specific example, we decided to fix up the title so it will be more easier for users to search up.  Due to the edit, Lithium has automatically put it back to the top 🙂

RogersRoland

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thanks for the explanation. As a mod on Digital Home, whenever I perform an edit to a post or thread, including the title, it is not moved to the top. It only moves if there is a new reply, which, I believe, makes more sense.

Thanks again.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I agree @57 . of the four boards I have been involved with none have done this . 

One has to wonder about the logic of such a move . Why knowingly cause confusion amongst those  who are registered participants  who may come back repeatedly   when the only benefit seems to be an easier search by those who quite possibly are not members and looking for a quick answer rather than participation  ?