Forum Login has changed

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Forum Login has changed

Congrats  OldYellr  ... it's always  nice when there is a plus side to a breakdown . Smiley Wink

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Okay,  so for anyone wondering  here is the way it seems to work  re the online offline thing.  If you sign in and then sign out in under a certain amount of time  ... seems like between three and 5 minutes you can sign out and your name comes off the list immediately  ...  as soon as your account has been idle for that 3-5 minute  period of time  you will be considered  online until you have been idle  for 60 minutes ...then you are automatically signed out . Even if you come back and read and actually sign out  ... it won't consider you offline  until your 60 minutes of idle time are past. 

I don't see how that has anything to  do with security ... because it basically only applies to the  bulletin board , makes it look like you are here when you are  not and doesn't seem  to  apply to My Rogers anyway ... go figure eh ? 

I'm a Senior Advisor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Well, my old laptop died and had to get a new (to me) one. This one is still Windows 7, but a lot faster.  And the sign in problem is gone! I don't know if it's the faster processor or something Rogers has done, but the problem is gone.

This was in January. Just to explain, for the last few months with the new laptop the sign in was not perfect, but I was getting 3 consecutive screens, the last two being the email/password screen, but I had to wait for the last one because only that one worked. I was good with that because at least it was consistent. Now, for the last couple of days I've been getting the email/password screen right away and it works. So it looks like someone's been working on this problem all along and finally got it fixed. Bravo! I hope I haven't jinxed it.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR:

Whenever I tried to login via the (blue Sign-in) link at the top right of the screen, I also had to click on it twice (not thrice like you).

Today I clicked on it and was able to sign in on the first click.  I'm glad you noticed this.  I tested it twice.

This is not normally how I login though. Normally I view the various threads without logging in and only login if I wish to reply. If I click on "reply", I'm usually able to login on the first screen and I'm taken to the "reply screen" (after clicking my account popup since I have two accounts (one for PAYGo, one for Cable/Phone/Internet).

I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

@OLDYELLR:

Whenever I tried to login via the (blue Sign-in) link at the top right of the screen, I also had to click on it twice (not thrice like you).

Today I clicked on it and was able to sign in on the first click.  I'm glad you noticed this.  I tested it twice.

Maybe I wasn't quite clear. Previously I didn't actually have to click three times, but I got 3 screens in succession after clicking my bookmark for notifications. The last two were the email/password screen, but if I clicked the first one of those, it threw me into a loop, but the second would work.  Perhaps for someone with a lightning fast internet connection (mine is 15 Mbps DSL) those first 2 screens would flash by and not get noticed.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario