cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Login has changed

roxandtreez
I'm a senior contributor

Something changed in the forums overnight.  My usual process is to log on to MyRogers, check my internet usage graph, then scroll down to the Community Forums link at the bottom of the page.

When I tried this today, I was not signed on to the Forums when the page came up.  I clicked the signon link at the top of the page, and the signon page came up for a second but did not allow me to enter my info then it brought up the forums and I was not signed on.

I went back to MyRogers, signed out, and then clicked the forum link at the bottom of the page.  When I clicked the Sign In link, this time it allowed me to sign in and the forums worked properly (except for the issue below).  There is a thread from last year that describes this same problem, so maybe last night  changes reverted a previously fixed issue.

Next, my icon at the top of the page after I successfully signed in showed 4 items.  When I clicked on the icon, it showed that I had 4 items next to the "bell" icon.  When I clicked it, it showed 4 references to my userid by @57  in the Updated Navigatr thread, but when I checked the thread, there was only one post by 57 that referenced me.  The only explanations I have for this is that 57 duplicated the post 3 times and the duplicates were deleted, or he edited the post 3 times and each generated a reference. 57 is a fairly experienced user and seems unlikely to do this, but would that explain the results?

Mac OS X 10.11.3 (El Capitan)  

Chrome Version 49.0.2623.110 (64-bit)

***Edited Labels*** 

154 REPLIES 154

Re: Forum Login has changed

@Customer01

What issues are you still experiencing? Have you tried clearing your cookies?

Since the update, I've only heard of users on Firefox experiencing logging issues. I personally use Chrome and have yet to encounter anything since.

RogersRoland

pmcsplaza
I'm a trusted contributor

I'm using Firefox 48.0.1 and have no real problems any more......it's just a bit slow, that's all.  A lot depends on whether or not your browser is at default settings plus some add-ons may effect things adversely.

Peter
Toronto

barndoor

Why Do I Stay Logged in here?

If I want to post here I have to log in to my Rogers ... no problem.

I make a post ... 

I leave the page without signing out  ...

I come back  and I see that I am  still  considered to be "online " here but I have to re log in to My Rogers to post here ....even though I'm listed as on line. Why am I still considered"online"

Why is it that I am not automatically logged out of both the forums and my rogers when I leave the Rogers site?

Yes...I know if I actually remember to  sign out , clicking  on the icon and signing out does seem to work most of the time... why should I need to ...that is the way it seems to work everywhere else... if you leave the site you are automatically logged out ?

Customer01
I plan to stick around

@RogersRoland wrote:

@Customer01

What issues are you still experiencing? Have you tried clearing your cookies?

Since the update, I've only heard of users on Firefox experiencing logging issues. I personally use Chrome and have yet to encounter anything since.

RogersRoland

Pretty much the same as before.  Just random issues, and can usually manage to figure out a way.  Just managed to log in now.  Earlier, I was asked to register, when I tried to move from the main rogers page to Forums by clicking the link at the bottom of the page, even though I was signed in.  So I went to MYrogers, and from there it worked.  Weird.

pmcsplaza

I can get logged in, although it's agonzingly slow, but can't do much else at My Rogers.

Peter
Toronto

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Okay, it's now getting ridiculous!

Today it took me at least FOUR attempts to sign in to Community Forums.

After two attempts clicking the sign in icon, I was presented with two screens promoting the iPhone 7.

Looking for iPhone 7 or to upgrade to a device?

Here for anything else?

After clicking "Continue" twice, it still didn't take me to Community Forums and I had to scroll down to the bottom of the page to find a link.

Please Rogers, fix your site! Fix what's wrong before even thinking about bombarding us with ads. That's adding insult to injury. Smiley Mad

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

@OLDYELLR,

Are you still experiencing this? I have been able to reproduce it only once but all future attempts seemed normal. I have just reported this issue regardless.

Anyone else in the Community having similar issues?

pmcsplaza

I can log in OK but keep getting an error when trying to access parts of my account:

Looks like you’re trying to access your services through MyRogers. We apologize, unfortunately the information you’re looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please check back later and thank you for your patience!

Peter
Toronto

@pmcsplaza

Due to the high traffic generate from the device launch, I have noticed some performance issues on the MyRogers page. Hopefully this will be resolved shortly.

If there is something we can assist with in the meantime, do not hesitate to contact us.

RogersRoland

pmcsplaza

Not right now thanks.

Peter
Toronto

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@RogersRoland wrote:

@OLDYELLR,

Are you still experiencing this? I have been able to reproduce it only once but all future attempts seemed normal. I have just reported this issue regardless.

Anyone else in the Community having similar issues?

Yes. But then I'm using Firefox, which has been having these sign-in problems with Rogers. I suspect that the iPhone 7 thing is to direct a large number of people who must be going to Rogers to ask about upgrading.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I also had issues due to the iPhone 7 page coming up and not getting to the forums.  (Couldn't get to the AnyPlace URL on my computer either earlier today)

Seems like Rogers likes to put in new features on their website, but never, ever does adequate testing to see if it works properly.

I logged in this evening without issue, so perhaps it's been fixed.  AnyPlace Web is working OK now too.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When trying to reply to a post this evening, I again encountered the iPhone page and needed to take a circuitous route to finally be able to reply, instead of being taken immediately to the "Reply to Message" page.

I was taken to my account and then had to click on Community Forums, but got an error message, then clicked Community Forums again and was able to get to the forum, but not to the post I was replying to, so I had to find that post again and then hit reply, when I was finally taken to the "Reply to Message" page.

C'mon Rogers get your website to work properly and stop making people use workarounds and wasting our time.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I got the same runaround trying to just sign in today. I expect there are a lot of inquiries about upgrading to iPhone 7, to they throw that hurdle in the mix.

pmcsplaza

Rogers have always had an unpredicatble website.  Their servers are either not coping well or the switches leading to same are overloaded.   It was like watching paint dry getting logged in here today.  Not helped by a very insistent ad for an iPhone which has to be seen before reaching anything on the website.

Peter
Toronto

Hey everyone,

There was an update applied earlier. Can you all try deleting your cache and attempt to login again? This should address the iphone splash page redirect.

RogersRoland

I just logged in and was able to get to the "Reply to Message" screen right away.  I'll let you know if I encounter the problems mentioned recently by several people.

pmcsplaza

Me too.

Peter
Toronto

Thanks guys for the feedback.

We are still working to resolve the Firefox loop issue, but I am glad to know this quick fix regarding the Iphone page worked.

I'll keep everyone posted on updates.

RogersRoland

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

This time signing in with Firefox went smoothly without having to repeat clicking the icon.  It's been a long time. Now don't fix what's not broken. Smiley Wink

(Hoping it is actually fixed and not an anomaly.)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It's not fixed completely. When I hit reply just now it took me to the iPhone/Other Rogers red screen. I clicked "other" (or whatever the non-iPhone option is), I then had to find my way back to the forums, find the post, click reply again and this time it allowed me to log in and took me to the "Reply to Message" page.

Topic Stats
  • 154 replies
  • 34 Likes
  • 10 in conversation