Forum Login has changed

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Forum Login has changed

Okay, time for another rant. Smiley Mad

When I tried to sign in to the Forum about half an hour ago, none of the tricks I've tried in the past worked. Not signing in a second, third, forth or umteenth time. Not deleting Rogers cookies, Not signing in to MyRogers, then clicking Community Forums at the bottom. Nothing.

Each time after deleting cookies I'd get the Feedback Survey screen, which I'd given up on because it gives ME no feedback from Rogers on the problem. This time I did the Feedback Survey and really gave Rogers a piece of my mind about this ongoing situation. Maybe the time it took to complete the survey was what it took, because I could finally sign in afterwards.

So here is my suggestion if you can't sign in next time. Delete cookies and do the survey, telling Rogers what you REALLY think. Don't hold back. The more negative feedback, the better. Maybe the higher-ups will take notice and get some more competent people on the job fixing the site. Then. if you're lucky, you'll be able to sign in after a time delay.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Something's Wrong With Rogers.com Log-In

I couldn't log in at all on the main MyRogers page nor with the "Sign In" button at the top right of the community.

Log-in finally worked when I tried to post this without being logged in and then it took 3 attempts.

Peter
Toronto
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, over the last few days it's got worse instead of better. Usually the second or third attempt worked but today it didn't and after deleting cookies it took 3 more attempts. A couple weeks ago Sunday, after the site was shut down for maintenance, I thought it was fixed, but it quickly reverted back.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

3 attempts this time too....oh well, glad I'm not alone. 

Having similar issues with another forum over at ASUS but in that case it wont let me edit my profile.

It's just not my day I guess. 

Peter
Toronto
Community Manager (Retired) RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey community,

I'm *hoping* you have noticed some improvements with the sign in experience ... there have been some changes made in the back end.  We are still aware of an issue when signing in from Firefox ... however, for Chrome users, things should be better.

As always, if you're having any issues signing in, please try to clear your cache/history and attempt to sign in again.  If you continue to experience issues, please post here and we'll take the feedback to our IT team.

Thanks so much for your patience!!

Margaret

I'm a Senior Advisor

Still the same problem here with Firefox. Click the sign in icon and the same page comes back with the same sign in icon. The second time usually works.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Well, after Sunday's maintenance shut-down, it looks like signing in with Firefox is working without having to make two attempts. I wasn't going to say anything in case I jinx it until I discovered an even bigger problem that's now been created.

After going through the new posts from my Notifications I wanted to go through all the forums I follow, but then I discovered that there was no longer the panel on the right with all the forums. What happened? The only way I could get here was by going through my subscriptions until I found it. This is much worse that having to try signing in twice.

Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Hey @OLDYELLR,

We've encountered a new bug where some of the Community Forums components are not displaying properly for certain users. We have addressed this issue with Lithium and looking for a fix.

Thank you again for your patience and keeping us updated with any bugs/issues from the Community Forums.

RogersRoland

I'm a Senior Advisor

Okay, the forum navigation panel on the right is now back, but so is the bug requiring 2 attempts to sign in.

I'm a Senior Advisor

From bad to worse. Today it required THREE attempts to sign in. Is this the same team that works on Navigatr?

Get Ready!
Ask an Expert: IGNITE TV Part II
JOIN US: November 5, 6, & 7
Start: November 5th 10AM ET
End: November 7th 6PM ET

We're back with another Ask an Expert!!
JOIN US

For three straight days we will have exclusive access to some of Ignite TV's best Program Managers. They will be here taking your questions LIVE!

Topic Stats
  • 154 replies
  • 34 Likes
  • 10 in conversation