cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Login has changed

roxandtreez
I'm a senior contributor

Something changed in the forums overnight.  My usual process is to log on to MyRogers, check my internet usage graph, then scroll down to the Community Forums link at the bottom of the page.

When I tried this today, I was not signed on to the Forums when the page came up.  I clicked the signon link at the top of the page, and the signon page came up for a second but did not allow me to enter my info then it brought up the forums and I was not signed on.

I went back to MyRogers, signed out, and then clicked the forum link at the bottom of the page.  When I clicked the Sign In link, this time it allowed me to sign in and the forums worked properly (except for the issue below).  There is a thread from last year that describes this same problem, so maybe last night  changes reverted a previously fixed issue.

Next, my icon at the top of the page after I successfully signed in showed 4 items.  When I clicked on the icon, it showed that I had 4 items next to the "bell" icon.  When I clicked it, it showed 4 references to my userid by @57  in the Updated Navigatr thread, but when I checked the thread, there was only one post by 57 that referenced me.  The only explanations I have for this is that 57 duplicated the post 3 times and the duplicates were deleted, or he edited the post 3 times and each generated a reference. 57 is a fairly experienced user and seems unlikely to do this, but would that explain the results?

Mac OS X 10.11.3 (El Capitan)  

Chrome Version 49.0.2623.110 (64-bit)

***Edited Labels*** 

154 REPLIES 154

Re: Forum Login has changed

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Each day now, after visiting Community Forums, I leave the window open, then return some hours later and refresh it so I can sign in again. Each time I can't sign in and I've noticed that the screen doesn't say my session has expired like it used to. Until now I've been able to just close the window and open a new one for Community Forums and sign in, but today that didn't even work. I could only sign in by going to MyRogers and then to Community Forums at the bottom of the screen. So it's got worse.

One of the first things we learn is to make only one change at a time so that we can observe the result and reverse the change if  there's an adverse outcome. Whoever is working on maintaining the Rogers website and this Forum must be making multiple changes at once and can't tell whether they're making any progress or not. But I guess this is 2016. Smiley Mad

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Customer01
I plan to stick around

I'm still seeing the Cancelled Account screen flash by after logging on to MyRogers. 

Also, logging in to MyRogers then going to Community Forums at the bottom is what's working for me too.

@Customer01 wrote:

I'm still seeing the Cancelled Account screen flash by after logging on to MyRogers. 

Also, logging in to MyRogers then going to Community Forums at the bottom is what's working for me too.

@Customer01,

The Cancelled Account screen appears because your MyRogers account profile has an older account still linked to it. It can be removed by following these quick steps:

1. Log into your MyRogers account

2. Go to Profile & Settings

3. Scroll down to Add/Remove Accounts

4. Select the Old account and click Remove Account

I also experienced this on my personal MyRogers account in the past and got it resolved this way.

Something to try while we work to get the Forum Login issue resolved.

RogersRoland

Customer01
I plan to stick around

@RogersRoland wrote:

@Customer01 wrote:

@Customer01,

The Cancelled Account screen appears because your MyRogers account profile has an older account still linked to it. It can be removed by following these quick steps:

1. Log into your MyRogers account

2. Go to Profile & Settings

3. Scroll down to Add/Remove Accounts

4. Select the Old account and click Remove Account

I also experienced this on my personal MyRogers account in the past and got it resolved this way.

Something to try while we work to get the Forum Login issue resolved.

RogersRoland

Thank you.  I did that but there is only one account there, no old account.  However, let's not use this Forum to discuss this, as it won't benefit the group. It's not causing a problem at this point, just a strange thing I observed.

I will just wait for the resolution, and for the moment I can get logged in via MyRogers.

Customer01
I plan to stick around

By the way, this is still not resolved!

In summary: if I try to log in from the Forums page, I am briefly logged in, as I can see the welcome at the top of the page, but it quickly disappears, and I am not logged in, no avatar.

After I do that, then I find I cannot log in via the MyRogers page.  I have to catch that welcome at the top and click logout before it disappears.  THEN, I can log in via the MyRogers page, and can access everything.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I had to jump through a lot of hoops and employ kludges to sign in the last couple of days, but today it's working okay except for one aspect. When I have a window open to Community Forums and it times out, I still can't sign in again unless I close the window and open a new one. So whatever they've been doing it's 2 steps forward and 3 steps back.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Signing in to Community Forums has not got much better in over a month. Last night I could not sign in at all using all the tricks, not even by signing in to MyRogers.  Whenever it appears to be fixed, they tinker some more and break it again. Rogers is the only site I have these problems with and I frequent dozens of sites requiring a secure login. It's time Rogers hired some professionals.

Customer01
I plan to stick around

@RogersRoland  Can you confirm that this issue is still under investigation?

Or, can you confirm the correct way to log in to Community Forums, since there has been a change?  It seems that logging in on the Community Forums page is no longer possible.  If this is the case, the log in option should be removed from that page.

Please update us.  Thank you.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

The sign in button on a timed out page continues not to work. The only way I can sign in is click My Rogers at the top, sign in and choose an account, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click Community Forums. Rogers seems to be continually changing stuff on the site and in the process breaking things that were working before.

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Community,

Please see this post if you're having issues signing into the community forums.  We're working with folks to get this resolved and will keep you posted.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  

Customer01
I plan to stick around

Thanks for the update.  It is taking a very long time to resolve.

RogersMargaret
@Customer01, yep, I hear ya! We are doing everything we can to try and resolve this asap.

RogersMargaret

Hi Community!

Great news!  Community sign-in/log-in has been fixed!  

Thanks so much for your patience while we worked through this.

~RogersMargaret

Customer01
I plan to stick around

No, RogersMargaret, unfortunately it's not.  I just tried to log in from the Community Forums page, and the sign in box simply did not appear.  I got the blue vertical bars, so it was "thinking", but then just went back to the page.

I can sign in to MyRogers, though, after signing in, I still get the page that says my account is closed, before getting to the MyRogers page.

So, for me, it is not fixed.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I can confirm. When I have the Forum open in a window and then come back a couple of hours and refresh the page, it has expired and I need to sign n again by clicking the person icon in the top RH corner. Except that still does not sign me in because I just get another page with the sign-in icon. I have to click MyRogers at the top to get the sign-in screen and sign back in through MyRogers. Not fixed. Smiley Frustrated

@OLDYELLR @Customer01,

Is it possible to upload a screenshot of the error screens? We have been working on testing and resolving the Login issue, but I have personally never come across the Blue Verticle Bars.

RogersRoland

Customer01
I plan to stick around
image.png
@RogersRoland wrote:

@OLDYELLR @Customer01,

Is it possible to upload a screenshot of the error screens? We have been working on testing and resolving the Login issue, but I have personally never come across the Blue Verticle Bars.

RogersRoland

Sorry, not vertical bars, but blue dots.  Here's a screenshot.

So after this screen, it just goes back to the Forums page, not signed in.

And now a new twist!  On about a fourth attempt, it suddenly gave me the sign in box.  BUT, after signing in, I got an error that my user name and/or password are invalid.

THEN, I tried again, with of course the same user id and password, and I was signed in!

I signed out, then tried to sign in again, and basicly the same sequence happened.

So it is still not working properly.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I believe what @Customer01 is talking about is the bouncing jellybeans Rogers loading scree.

When I refreshed an expired window yesterday and tried signing in, the screen with the sign in icon in the top RH corner was replaced with just another screen that was the same instead of my email and password screen. At that point I just went to MyRogers to sign in, presuming the problem was not fixed. However when signing in today from my saved bookmark for Community Forums, I got the same thing, another screen with the sign-in icon. But this time, instead of going to MyRogers I clicked the icon again and got my email and password screen. So, while it's not entirely fixed for me, it's taking an extra step to sign in.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Okay, I can confirm that after an open window on Community Forums has expired due to over an hour of inactivity, or whatever it is, refreshing and clicking the icon to sign in works after the second time it appears. Partly fixed, but annoying and you need to know the trick of attempting it twice.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I should add that now when refreshing a timed out forum window, it no longer has a screen that says something like "your session has expired".

RogersMargaret

Oh man!  Ok, thanks for the feedback, everyone.  We're back to the drawing board.  Thanks for sticking with us.  

Topic Stats
  • 154 replies
  • 34 Likes
  • 10 in conversation