Forum Login has changed

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager (Retired) RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)

Re: Forum Login has changed

Hi Community,

Please see this post if you're having issues signing into the community forums.  We're working with folks to get this resolved and will keep you posted.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the update.  It is taking a very long time to resolve.

Highlighted

@Customer01, yep, I hear ya! We are doing everything we can to try and resolve this asap.

Hi Community!

Great news!  Community sign-in/log-in has been fixed!  

Thanks so much for your patience while we worked through this.

~RogersMargaret

I Plan to Stick Around

No, RogersMargaret, unfortunately it's not.  I just tried to log in from the Community Forums page, and the sign in box simply did not appear.  I got the blue vertical bars, so it was "thinking", but then just went back to the page.

I can sign in to MyRogers, though, after signing in, I still get the page that says my account is closed, before getting to the MyRogers page.

So, for me, it is not fixed.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I can confirm. When I have the Forum open in a window and then come back a couple of hours and refresh the page, it has expired and I need to sign n again by clicking the person icon in the top RH corner. Except that still does not sign me in because I just get another page with the sign-in icon. I have to click MyRogers at the top to get the sign-in screen and sign back in through MyRogers. Not fixed. Smiley Frustrated

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

@OLDYELLR @Customer01,

Is it possible to upload a screenshot of the error screens? We have been working on testing and resolving the Login issue, but I have personally never come across the Blue Verticle Bars.

RogersRoland

I Plan to Stick Around

image.png
@RogersRoland wrote:

@OLDYELLR @Customer01,

Is it possible to upload a screenshot of the error screens? We have been working on testing and resolving the Login issue, but I have personally never come across the Blue Verticle Bars.

RogersRoland

Sorry, not vertical bars, but blue dots.  Here's a screenshot.

So after this screen, it just goes back to the Forums page, not signed in.

And now a new twist!  On about a fourth attempt, it suddenly gave me the sign in box.  BUT, after signing in, I got an error that my user name and/or password are invalid.

THEN, I tried again, with of course the same user id and password, and I was signed in!

I signed out, then tried to sign in again, and basicly the same sequence happened.

So it is still not working properly.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I believe what @Customer01 is talking about is the bouncing jellybeans Rogers loading scree.

When I refreshed an expired window yesterday and tried signing in, the screen with the sign in icon in the top RH corner was replaced with just another screen that was the same instead of my email and password screen. At that point I just went to MyRogers to sign in, presuming the problem was not fixed. However when signing in today from my saved bookmark for Community Forums, I got the same thing, another screen with the sign-in icon. But this time, instead of going to MyRogers I clicked the icon again and got my email and password screen. So, while it's not entirely fixed for me, it's taking an extra step to sign in.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Okay, I can confirm that after an open window on Community Forums has expired due to over an hour of inactivity, or whatever it is, refreshing and clicking the icon to sign in works after the second time it appears. Partly fixed, but annoying and you need to know the trick of attempting it twice.

Get Ready!
Ask an Expert: IGNITE TV Part II
JOIN US: November 5, 6, & 7
Start: November 5th 10AM ET
End: November 7th 6PM ET

We're back with another Ask an Expert!!
JOIN US

For three straight days we will have exclusive access to some of Ignite TV's best Program Managers. They will be here taking your questions LIVE!

Topic Stats
  • 154 replies
  • 34 Likes
  • 10 in conversation