cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Forums - Link Problems

BS
I'm a senior advisor

Finding some way to keep reply to an persons's post in a thread.

In a rapidly posted to thread, like Navigtr, it has been very difficut to keep replies to the secondary posters in a thread - it ends up at the end, and can be a long distance from the originall supplementary post.

We try to keep some linkage by indicating the user's name, and indicate the topic and post number, page number, or quoting them, but it is very awkard to keep the flow fo the various topics and subtopics, almost impossible to deal with.

Bruce

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Community Forums - Link Problems

RogersCilio
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Thank you very for the feedback BS.  Keep the suggestions coming Smiley Happy.  We're always looking for way to improve our community.

Regards,

RogersCilio

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

This is a busy board with some very busy threads. I see new users asking questions and posting replies by just clicking Reply, with no reference to who they are asking or what about. Because of how this forum is organized and the frequency of posts, we don't always see the post being replied to immediately above the question, like other boards. The fact that moderators are constantly editing most posts throws everything even more out of sequence, adding to the confusion. Quoting an entire post to add a question or answer is one way to maintain relevance, but that's a huge waste of space and poor forum etiquette.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

BS
I'm a senior advisor

@OLDYELLR  I agree with the wasted space of doing the quote or partial quote - I just figured that one out after almost a year on the boards, and really don't know the answer for this one - it is a design choice, or limitation of Lithium (not sure which), but so many other boards maintain connections to subposts, building a reply to reply model as you also see on Facebook now.  It took even them quiite a while of being in the business to figure that one out.

So just an idea for improvement in future development, and for now, it is just a nuicance.

As always, thanks oldyeller, you are a weath of common sense, solutions, and information.

Bruce

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation