Comments about the recent community enhancements

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

RE: Comments about the recent community enhancements

Previously I could click the forum name or Message Listing and see new posts in bold and view them when I clicked the number. New posts has a [new] tag also. Now all I can do is click "Back to Board" at the bottom and it shows me threads with new posts in bold, but no way to actually see the first new post.  Please add a way to see the first new post like before, or at least bring back the [new] tag. All I can do here is click maybe the last page and hope to see the last new post.

latest.jpg

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Re: RE: Comments about the recent community enhancements

@OLDYELLR Thanks for the feedback.  We'll see what we can do to get the first new post back.  

I'll also look into the spellcheck options.  I wonder if we could switch to English (UK).

Strange because I still can't get the word 'watch' to come up in the spellchecker.

Stay tuned.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Oh no, not UK English! Smiley Mad

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Please no UK English, it would affect words like defense/defence and realize/realise.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi Community,

Is anyone else encountering similar cases with the spell checker?

I've tried reproducing the error but unsuccessful. Although our dictionary is currently set as English (US), it still recognizes the variants of many words.

ex.

Defence Defense

Centre Center

@OLDYELLR it this still ongoing, and are there any other cases?

RogersRoland

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

HOW TO FIND NEW POSTS IN A THREAD (TOPIC) UNTIL THE BOARD GETS FIXED

When you click Back to Board any thread with new replies will be in bold text.

1. If there is just one page, just click the thread, which will take you to the first post and then just scroll down and the new replies will have a flesh tone background.

2. If there are just 2 or 3 pages in the thread, the quickest way is the same as above.

3. If there are a lot more pages, you could try clicking the last page or two, but you still may not find the new replies because someone may have answered an older reply. In this case, your only option, unless you want to go through a dozen or so pages, is to open Rogers Community Forums in a new tab, scroll down about half way to the link View All Recent Activity and click that. It will have links to all the new replies in all the forums you haven't seen in bold text. Keep scrolling through all those, page by page, and open each one from the thread you're following in a new tab to read the reply. Once you don't see any more, go back to your Back to Board tab and refresh it.  If the topic you're following is no longer bold, you've seen all the new replies. If it's still bold, go back to your View All Recent Activity tab and keep looking for more.

4. Go to the next bold topic in your Back to Board tab and repeat.

It's that simple. Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

@OLDYELLR  My problem is that with the new skinny font they are using, I can barely tell the difference between regular and bold.  Shades of the Navigatr font issues from August!

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I agree the bold font now is less discernible than before.  The focus now in looking 'modern' with more graphics.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

@OLDYELLR As opposed to making it easier to find, navigate and understand a mass of information.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Well, I've been using the method I described in Post 16 to find new messages for almost a week now and I have to say it's very tedious and not even 100% reliable. Going to the View All Recent Activity link this morning I saw several posts flagged as "new" that I had already seen yesterday. What gives? We seem to be getting into a Navigatr situation here. Please put a rush on getting the New Messages column back in the Back to Board view.