Captcha Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
I'm Here A Lot
Posts: 5

Re: Captcha Issues

Has anyone else noticed a huge increase in captcha's logging into various websites while using Rogers?

I get them everywhere I go now, and I have family members, and a separate work account that are getting them all the time too. Has a large block of Rogers IP's been blacklisted?

 

I'd consider it normal to see a few here and there... or that it was just my IP that was flagged, except for the fact that I know (and have seen with my own eyes) many other Rogers accounts with the same behaviour.

 

To clarify: This is happening everywhere. Not just on rogers.com

I'm a Trusted Contributor
Posts: 766

Re: Captcha Issues


@jpbazinet wrote:

Has anyone else noticed a huge increase in captcha's logging into various websites while using Rogers?

Rogers is your  IP ? 

Rogers is  not  my IP and I have noticed no increase  in captcha's anywhere ...even here ...I have had non here in the last couple weeks .

I'm a Trusted Contributor
Posts: 498

Re: Captcha Issues


@jpbazinet wrote:

Has anyone else noticed a huge increase in captcha's logging into various websites while using Rogers?

I get them everywhere I go now, and I have family members, and a separate work account that are getting them all the time too. Has a large block of Rogers IP's been blacklisted?

 

I'd consider it normal to see a few here and there... or that it was just my IP that was flagged, except for the fact that I know (and have seen with my own eyes) many other Rogers accounts with the same behaviour.

 

EDIT:

This post was moved from it's own thread to here. I saw this thread, and since it dealt pretty exclusively with captchas on the Rogers site, I felt it didn't belong. To clarify: This is happening everywhere. Not just on rogers.com


I use to get a lot of the Captchas using Chrome, but not anymore. I also have an ad blocker.  Note that I can NOT sign into the Forum after signing in to MyRogers anymore, but that is another Rogers issue for a different thread.  The easiest way for me to sign in now WITHOUT a Captcha is to open up one of the Rogers emails I get telling me there is a post. When it comes up, I can read the post each time.  So to sign in, I use this post and click REPLY, then when the blank screen appears for my comments, I THEN click the SIGN IN at the top right.  I will get a prompt for my password but there are no CAPTCHAs during this process. I must assume the software must remember my IP address from the last time I posted.  This is my workaround to avoid the CAPTCHA issue. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 2,644

Re: Captcha Issues

Captchas seem to come in waves. I have also not seen any Captchas on this Rogers forum in a few weeks - they were very present/persistent for about a month earlier this year.  I'm (mostly) using Chrome on my Mac Mini and sign in here several times a day.

 

As for Captchas elsewhere, I don't need to sign in to very many places, but my wife did note that she is seeing a few on a few of the sites she visits, however, I don't believe it has anything to do with Rogers, simply that more sites are using Captchas now.

 

You may be able to do something, like clearing Rogers Cookies and the computer cache using the tips in the following post (or not).

 

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/42...



I'm a Trusted Contributor
Posts: 766

Re: Captcha Issues


@57 wrote:

 

 

As for Captchas elsewhere, I don't need to sign in to very many places, but my wife did note that she is seeing a few on a few of the sites she visits, however, I don't believe it has anything to do with Rogers, simply that more sites are using Captchas now.

 

 


Just curious tho.... is Rogers  your  IP ?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 2,644

Re: Captcha Issues


@barndoor wrote:  Just curious tho.... is Rogers  your  IP ?

Yes, and it comes up as such on any IP Lookup websites.



I'm a Trusted Contributor
Posts: 498

Re: Captcha Issues


@User14 wrote:


I use to get a lot of the Captchas using Chrome, but not anymore. I also have an ad blocker.  Note that I can NOT sign into the Forum after signing in to MyRogers anymore, but that is another Rogers issue for a different thread.  The easiest way for me to sign in now WITHOUT a Captcha is to open up one of the Rogers emails I get telling me there is a post. When it comes up, I can read the post each time.  So to sign in, I use this post and click REPLY, then when the blank screen appears for my comments, I THEN click the SIGN IN at the top right.  I will get a prompt for my password but there are no CAPTCHAs during this process. I must assume the software must remember my IP address from the last time I posted.  This is my workaround to avoid the CAPTCHA issue. 


12 May 2019 UPDATE.  I am able to log into the Rogers Main Page with my user ID and password from my home PC, then go to the bottom of the page and click on "Community Forums" and get in without any Captchas as well.

Maybe the logging-in issue has finally been resolved. If so, congrats to the Lithium folks for making it work.