Captcha Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BabakR
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Captcha Issues

I am forced to complete reCaptcha every time I attempt to login and at times must solve multiple 'captchas' - find all fire hydrants, tick all hills/mountains, find all bicycles, etc.

It is extremely annoying, especially since it is 110% unnecessary.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@BabakR : Did you try the computer tips per post 64 of this thread - cookies, cache, different browser, etc?

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/42...

Maybe Rogers got tired of me complaining about the Captchas and put up some sort of internal flag.  😉

Some people also may try to surf "incognito" and that may trigger a captcha?

BabakR
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks, I do appreciate your help and yes, I've tried them. Again, not to beat a dead horse but the whole point of my message is that Rogers should not be asking its users to jump through hoops in order to login.

Have you ever had a problem logging into your twitter, facebook, gmail accounts and needed to turn off your javascript? or not login using incognito mode? or turn off adblocker?

The whole thing is exasperating and ridiculous and asking users to jump through additional hoops so they don't have to jump through reCaptcha hoops is to totally miss the point!

Have a nice day 🙂

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@BabakR wrote:

Have you ever had a problem logging into your twitter, facebook, gmail accounts and needed to turn off your javascript? or not login using incognito mode? or turn off adblocker?

I have one "clean" browser with its default settings, so that I don't have to do any of those things. If I encounter issues on a certain browser, which is rare, I simply click on that "clean" browser (which happens to be Chrome).  I have not been bothered by Captchas myself on any websites I visit (and I visit a lot).  I do find that there are quite a few websites that I visit that don't run properly if you use certain extensions, or turn off javascript, etc:

Banks

Restaurants

Travel sites

CRA

Etc.  

I don't use Twitter or Facebook.  Again, I'm not sure why you're being bothered by Captchas here as this thread has been pretty dead for months and would be alive if people were bothered.

BabakR
I'm Here A Lot

This is a really simple issue and one that isn't really deserving of so much spilled pixels. But that presumes that Rogers cares or wishes to do things correctly and not inconvenience their customers.

So far, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Here's a screenshot btw when I just tried to login to my account:

T9I5wGh

David_S14
I've Been Around

I use Chrome and I have Remember Me checked. Yesterday, I had to go through seven CAPTCHA screens. Today, it was eleven screens. I contacted Rogers who told me to verify that my antivirus was up to date (it updates automatically and confirmed that it is fully updated) and that my computer is malware-free (my fully up to date antivirus says it is). Rogers had no other ideas and suggested posting here. 

I know there is more than one kind of CAPTCHA screen - some are just Skip, some add new photos to replace checked photos. I have them all figured out.

No one uses my computer besides. How do I stop the increasingly annoying number of CAPTCHA screens.